Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance coverage on equipment.

Insurance coverage on equipment.

It has been way too hard lately to get to therapy because of my crazy school schedule. So Ihave been doing most of my work out at night if I get a chance. im trying to get my insurance to cover a Colorado hand cycle and the lite-gait. I know several people on here have talked about how their insurance company covered exercise equipment. Please tell me how you went about this and if you have the letter you wrote to your insurance company please attach it.
    in the long run this will save my insurance company a lot of money
    because I won't be going to therapy any longer I will be doing my work out at home.
    Thanks
    Shannon
    I want it all, I want the fairytale~Pretty Woman

my sci gp is fantastic at those letters......thats what you need. if its big like my uppertone my neurosurgeon and sci gp both write killer letters......tell them to be very thorough, biggest problem most docs wont take the time...i have been very lucky in that dept.

pt letters arent worth the paper they are written on. the very best is your neuro. they are the top of the food chain
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    pt letters arent worth the paper they are written on. the very best is your neuro. they are the top of the food chain
    My pt wrote my letter for my stand. Insurance excepted it with no questions on the first request.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    My pt wrote my letter for my stand. Insurance excepted it with no questions on the first request.
    what kind of stand do you mean aly? like a standing machine?

I have an easystand 5000
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    I have an easystand 5000
    cool..ive wanted to experience another concept other than sitting,lol. dunno if medicare/caid would do me the honors. :P

Medicaid is my secondary that helped pay for it.
    www.cawvsports.org

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    my sci gp is fantastic at those letters......thats what you need. if its big like my uppertone my neurosurgeon and sci gp both write killer letters......tell them to be very thorough, biggest problem most docs wont take the time...i have been very lucky in that dept.

Fuentes,

How about posting some of those letters here for others to use as a template?

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    what kind of stand do you mean aly? like a standing machine?
    anthem bc/bs here in ohio wont even give a 2nd thought to a pt letter, just not credible..
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212
    Fuentes,

How about posting some of those letters here for others to use as a template?
    ill see if i can get my hands on one..i stopped requesting cc's on them several years ago..everything normally goes so smooth, i dont need to get involved w/ the ins like i used too
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com