Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "?" for Roho Quadtro users

which pic you want sis? i can upload it for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff
    Rustyjames - I agree this thing was probably meant to be locked. Will probably give it a try and get used to it. Just hate to change anything right now as my sores seem to like the current "setup".
    Not meant to be locked or unlocked. Depends on individual need and comfort. Experimenting with various settings is good. If whatever cushion and setting is serving to improve any skin/pressure issues, it might be best to continue it unless you see adverse effects resulting from what your sitting on and how your sitting. Too much air in Roho can create skin issues too, so be mindful of what your skin can tolerate.

RE air chambers- if you need air to be adjusted a certain way, ie more on one side to help align/better position hip etc, then sitt and lock chambers after shifting air as needed.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    They tried to change the cover design which failed miserably, but I think they've resolved that with the test cover they have me trying right now.
    How did you get the test cover, and is it sturdier than the original cover? The cover on mine seems kinda stretchy and flimsy, being made of mesh material and a really stretchy spandex type material on top. This causes the cushion to expand when I sit on it, which pushes the sideguards against the wheels and just doesn't support me as well. I think a sturdier, firmer cover that would hold the cushion together better would be a lot more comfortable and practical. I think the valve on my quadtro is open, but honestly I'm not positively sure. I've been on a Roho since I was in impatient, and when I got to the seating clinic at the Sheperd center they scripted me for the quadtro as I am healing a pressure sore near my tailbone that I got in ICU. We ended up ordering a smaller cover for the roho hoping that it would hold it together better, but it hasn't come yet. Any advice on a sturdier cushion cover or how to get a stronger one from Roho would be appreciated.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Thanks sis! I was gonna post one of the ones of her sleeping on my cushion looking all comfy and cozy. 'ya know the ones I sent you last nite that were soooooo HUGE..... It shows her on the custom cover w/the cushon backwards and looking all adorable. 'ya know how she is.....

Myc0-The custom covers, albeit more expensive are a sturdier cover, a thicker material and so far it's held up much better and does not stretch out of shape like the standard covers seem to.
    Last edited by Broknwing; 11-01-2005 at 08:00 PM.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Myc0
    How did you get the test cover, and is it sturdier than the original cover? The cover on mine seems kinda stretchy and flimsy, being made of mesh material and a really stretchy spandex type material on top. This causes the cushion to expand when I sit on it, which pushes the sideguards against the wheels and just doesn't support me as well. I think a sturdier, firmer cover that would hold the cushion together better would be a lot more comfortable and practical. I think the valve on my quadtro is open, but honestly I'm not positively sure. I've been on a Roho since I was in impatient, and when I got to the seating clinic at the Sheperd center they scripted me for the quadtro as I am healing a pressure sore near my tailbone that I got in ICU. We ended up ordering a smaller cover for the roho hoping that it would hold it together better, but it hasn't come yet. Any advice on a sturdier cushion cover or how to get a stronger one from Roho would be appreciated.
    Myco, I experienced same problem with the stretchy cover fabric. I also saw that the size given me with the Roho was a size bigger than the cushion - they say so to allow cushion to expand a bit. I ordered another Roho cushion cover from Allegro Medical >> Covers, size per cushion size, not larger. The material seems stronger as well, the top fabric being less flimsy and the sides seeming more reinforced. Hopefully, your smaller cushion cover will work better for you, but I don't think it's a good idea to go smaller on cover size than your cushion, since you don't want the cover to be too taut on the air cells and inhibit it from allowing air to flow and adjusting/conforming to you.

Also, do you use mesh/fabric side guards? Solid side guards (short is better IMO) should hold cushion, you/clothes, etc in place better and keep from rubbing wheels.

Interesting discourse on covers. Makes me wonder what kind/size cover I will get w/ a new one if I decide to buy. The demo one seems to have the stretchy spandex type mentioned. It is nice and slippery for maneuvering but does allow side "blowout", but I have solid sidegaurds so can't got too far. But I do remove one when peeing for more leaning room and makes it a little tough to get it back in the bracket afterwards.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Thumbs up

I had a really difficult time taking getting my sideguards in and out while sitting in my chair as the Roho was pressing so hard against it, and I have the solid plastic sideguards. Also the cushion repeatedly pushes my left sideguard against my wheel which is annoying, and we've tried tightening the part the sideguard slides into that holds it on but it doesn't want to stay put. I have a Quadtro Roho cushion that is 9 x 9 cels, and we just got a smaller cover that is made for a 8 x 8 cel cushion. It is only my second day in it but it seems to hold the cushion together much better and it doesn't push the sideguards out. It's still made from the same materials but seems to be a lot more secure as far as I can tell.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Wheelchair Cushion Pressure Monitor

Maybe this would help some people?
    http://www.altairwi.com/