Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: nine resumes since May, I finaly scored an interview!!!

Patrick - congrats on the second interview and good luck with the salary/pay structure negotiations. The only suggestion I have is to start out high in terms of $$$. Take your anticipated number and add/ask for an another 20%. Say it with conviction and why you're worth it. You can always go down but never up.

And remember, (no decaf Joe's gonna hate me for this), but price (your worth) is only an issue in absence of value. In other words, if you're worth it, in their eyes, they will pay you and believe they're getting a bargain.

Onward and upward.

i have spent the last month interview with at least 1 interview per day (I just signed an offer) and the head recruiter from a big accounting firm gave me the following advice. He told me that I had no idea how important it is to ask 2 good questions at the end, and also that a thank you note is a MUST. Send it by email asap after the interview. He told me that most people do not realize how important this is and how few people actually do this

Great news Patrick

I agree with asking for more money. Makes it look like you yourself think/know you're worth it, and they'll most times respect that. Self confidence is a wonderful attribute, and they'll like to see that in an employee.

But that's just my opinion. Do whatever you think is best, and good luck friend
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Patrick - Any update / news?

lol - he's probably mad at us for the bad advice...

not yet
    T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"