Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters

Exclamation The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters

I tried posting a reply to a thread several times and got the error message "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters" My post was much longer than 5 characters, what gives?
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Somehow the body of your post is not being passed to the server. It appears blank which is less than five characters. If I lowered the limit to zero characters it will not fix the problem.

Unfortunately, this issue is extremely hard to troubleshoot as it happens on such a small percentage of user computers.

We're really sorry. And we're working on it.

What users can do is delete cached and temp files, install a new browser and make any other changes they can think of. Often this will cause their situation to be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Myc0
    I tried posting a reply to a thread several times and got the error message "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters" My post was much longer than 5 characters, what gives?
    Testing...

What's your computer setup, Myc0? What browser and Operating System do you use?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I'm using Internet Explorer on Windows XP, and if I try to post I get the error message. To make it work I have to copy the message, hit post, and when I get the error hit back, then paste and post again, then it works.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

i get the same thing, i hit back and than go forward and try to post again, it goes through
    firefox 1.07 browser
    cauda equina

Could one or both of you save the HTML (View->Source) of the reply pages and then upload them as attachments? I doubt there will be a difference, but you never know.

Jeff, does the log file show them attempting to post and sending no data?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I had the same trouble posting and got that message. The way around it is just to do a Quick Reply which is right to the quote button.

test message over 5 characters long.i cant load the htm, it says it is too long...The text that you have entered is too long (51213 characters.
    i cant upload or attach the file since htm is not on the attach list..
    when i look at the html file , there are no characters in the message?? its totally blank..
    Last edited by metronycguy; 10-29-2005 at 09:36 PM.
    cauda equina

Testing the ''Quick reply'' method..

That worked..