Thread: high blood pressure

high blood pressure

my doc put me on cozaar for high blood pressure this week,,,,a bit over a year ago my bp was normal but now i am running in the 210/120 range...she didnt give me any thoughts on why my blood pressure went up so high in such a short time frame or any thoughts on what the drug might affect as far as my typical sci stuff,,,,any comments from med staff/the 1 wiseman or any other crips that have hypertension would sure be appreciated cuz, needless to say, this has stressed the ol bear out...tanx,,,jeff/teddy bear

There are a variety of reasons your BP could have increased. Your best resource is to call or see your doctor again for an explanation. I can't possible speculate on this particular topic for one individual. (EMK)

*sigh* i had to, as is usual, educate the doctor about sci,,,basics such as why more than 1 bowel program per day isnt a great idea (after i tried to explain why adding large amounts of fiber to my diet wouldnt be such a great idea)....what dysreflexia is and what might cause it...i could go on and on but why bother...

How old are you? What is your level of injury? How long have you been injured?

A blood pressure this high could indeed be AD. If so, the cause needs to be found and treated as this in and of itself can be life threatening.

Find a physician who knows SCI or who is willing to learn. Being apathetic about your own health is a scenario for disaster for you.

Here is something to print out and give your physician about AD:

http://www.pva.org/NEWPVASITE/public...pubs/adt02.htm

(KLD)