Thread: Thank God for international health workers

Thank God for international health workers

because we don't know how to
    take care of our own.

The international health care workers, nurses, aides, etc that have helped me have provided the best care I've had since my injury.

My aide is through an agency in South Jersey
    and she is from the Dominican Republic.

I thank her and God every day.

Joe
    Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 10-29-2005 at 03:12 PM.

When i was working at the spinal injury assn we employed a Bosnian refugee as a support worker, which at first was fantastic, she was keen, friendly and it was also interesting learning about her situation back home. However she didnt handle conflict well at all (due to her background possibly) and for some reason it didnt work out.

Our carers get paid a minimum wage in Australia which is now about $16ph, more on weekends, after 8pm..etc, so in general we dont have a problem getting staff....getting good staff can be difficult though.

I hear ya Joe. While at Mt Vernon Hosp., there were nurses and nurse techs from all points of the globe. With only one exception,I had the best care by these folks of the globe. There were I think 5 Ethiopians on my floor. Very kind and tolerant of my frustrations. One nurse,her name was Hagar,was the most sweetest,gentle,and big-hearted nurse. She was unfortunately present when I would have my worst tempers, because of an accident, or pain,or some other incident I would be ranting about at the time. She was from the Dominican Republic. i still see her from time to time when I visit my physiatrist at the hospital,and she still gives that friendly smile and a "hello my darling." Wouldnt trade that for the world.

here at college i'm using international students from india....i've only had one bad apple so far....the other 3-4 have been great...

Corrupt System

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz
    because we don't know how to
    take care of our own.

The international health care workers, nurses, aides, etc that have helped me have provided the best care I've had since my injury.

My aide is through an agency in South Jersey
    and she is from the Dominican Republic.

I thank her and God every day.

Joe
    We sure could use some of that here.

In El Dorado County, we have system-wide corruption in the Human (formerly Social) Services. They work together to deny or delay applicants for In Home Support Serivces. The DA and the Human Services of neighboring Placer County are in collusion with them and the Attorney General, Bill Lockyer isn't interested.