Thread: Good Kids Television Programming

Good Kids Television Programming

On Saturday mornings at 7:00am on The WB, there are two interesting programs meant for kids: Real Life 101 and Crash! Bang! Splat!

Real Life 101 (7:00am here) shows information about careers that kids can choose. This morning they spoke with a radiologist and a drug councilor about their jobs and the educational requirements required to attain the job. The host's dialogue is a little contrived when they're not interviewing people, but otherwise it's okay.

Crash! Bang! Splat! (7:30am) is a show "BY kids for kids" to show that science can be fun. Last week they showed how to make a homemade "volcano," how to tell whether rain water was acidic (for growing plants), and a few other simple experiments that can be done with materials found around the house.

I like Crash! Bang! Splat!
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 10-22-2005 at 09:42 AM.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

thank you steven i will tell my kids to watch.
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

You're welcome anty. I hope they enjoy it.

This morning on C!B!S! they showed how to make a telecope with two magnifying glasses, some poster board, and glue. They also showed how to make home made ice cream and a periscope using two mirrors and a milk carton.

It's one I would be enjoying as a kid.
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 10-22-2005 at 10:18 AM.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.