Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Neuropathy pain

Pain

well dr started me on Requip . She said more drs are trying this on NP. well let you know what happens . I have chiari and syringomyelia.

razzle51?

Quote Originally Posted by razzle51
    I have been weaned off Neurontin due to 70 lb weight gain . then put on Topamax only to have a reaction . Now what , any suggestions for something else for nerve pain. And not Cymbalta . all ideas are welcome . I have chiari and syringomyelia . Thanks
    Hi razzle,

Just a question. Why do you say not Cymbalta? My relative's neurologist just put him on this for mood/depression. He does not have neuro pain. Did you try it, and it just didn't help you or did you have adverse reaction(s)? He was really sick at his stomach the first week. She warned him ahead of time that it would happen. It passed though. Just wondering from your experience (if you tried it) with it, if there is anything else we should be watching for while he's trying this. Or if you did not try it, what are the reasons you didn't want to? Thanks for your help! I hope you will do well with the new drug you have been prescribed.
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

I had a terrible reaction to Cymbalta . It was into about the 4-5week . heart racing , shakes , vomiting, felt like if I laid down I wouldnt wake up. Be careful on the drug. Roz

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by razzle51
    I had a terrible reaction to Cymbalta . It was into about the 4-5week . heart racing , shakes , vomiting, felt like if I laid down I wouldnt wake up. Be careful on the drug. Roz

Thanks Roz! Sorry you had such a bad reaction! I know that was scary in addition to terribly uncomfortable! I'll let him know what you experienced so if it happens to him, he'll know what's likely causing it and can call the doc ASAP! Thanks again!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

drugs

Your welcome , now I think the Requuip is not for me. This am woke up hurting really bad and another night of no sleep , that makes 3 nights no sleep . I think I will call the dr, in the am.

Well I am back on the Topamax with a little Ameritriptiline on the side. I did find out the Topamax wasnt causing a reaction something else . So I am back on it with a doseage hick.

Lightbulb

Have you tried Lyrica? new drug and it worked better than neurontin for me, went from 2400mg of neurontin to 300mg of Lyrica. also cut down on my ultracet from 8 to 4-6 per day.

Pain

For $27 I sure going to give it a shot.
    Thanks

Lyrica

Just got some Lyrica today . But was told it is a weight gainer. Dr. started me out at 50mg 3x day. isnt that a little high . So what do you think about it. Roz

Mine was $39.00 no formulary drug from Medco that was just a weeks supply , dr should have made it a month. Grrrrrrrr
    Last edited by razzle51; 11-11-2005 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add

go for it Mike it helped my lower back pain but my injury was back in 1985 and I tried everything another thing that really helps was massage thorapy ,but after the stimulator they can,t do that , and was this a work injury , if so my company paid for it the cost for the stim. is about $30,000 they paid it all ,and have to pay for anything to do with my back.