Thread: sweating a lot but why???

Angry sweating a lot but why???

Hi everyone,

Since about 3 months, I sweat a lot on my upper body when I sleep on my right side or on my back and when I'm seating too straight in my wheelchair. My caregiver doesn't see anything on my skin like pressure sore.
    Anyone who experienced this too?

Thx for help

Steve

Just a guess ... affecting position of bladder when on right side, back or sitting too straight?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

It can be the reason. I'll talk about it with my doctor.
    Thanks lynnifer

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    Just a guess ... affecting position of bladder when on right side, back or sitting too straight?

Sweating above your level of injury may be a sign of dysreflexia (even without the headache, blood pressure increases). I would look to determine if there are any other specific times/situations when it occurs. Perhaps even check your blood pressure if able when it does happen.

JM

Thx SCI-Nurse

If it's indeed dysreflexia , how to solve my sweating problem?

Right now I feel that my bladder is full and ready to be emptied but only a small amount of urine is in my leg bag. I have shivers like always when I'm peering but this time with a lot of perspiration.
    Could it be another UI even if I was threated for that in hospital 2 weeks ago when I had my septic shock?
    Another thing I noticed, in the morning when I transfer to my wheelchair, I feel dizzy and near losing conscious for some seconds.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Sweating above your level of injury may be a sign of dysreflexia (even without the headache, blood pressure increases). I would look to determine if there are any other specific times/situations when it occurs. Perhaps even check your blood pressure if able when it does happen.

JM
    Last edited by Steve; 10-20-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Dude, the dizziness I used to have was blood pressure related. Do you have a way to check BP at home?

Steve

Sounds like a UTI to me. If I had those symptoms myself, that would be my first thought. I know that every SCI is different, but it is definitely worth looking into, especially since you have a history of sepsis. Good luck to you.

By the way, this also happens to me when my BP is due. I'm assuming that since you are three months into this, that this is not causing your problem though. LOL

One more thought, please have your care giver check you entire bod for skin breakdown or anything else unusual. Something as simple as an ingrown toenail can cause dysreflexia. Keep us all posted.

graybeard , I can't check my BP at home but I wil try find someone who can come here to check it.

Bunny,
    I just sent this morning my golden drink to check it for possible urinal infection. I also suspect it. My caregiver checked for any suspicious injury or pressure sore but it looks ok.
    Results soon and I'll post again for update.
    Thank you all for your help.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    Steve

Sounds like a UTI to me. If I had those symptoms myself, that would be my first thought. I know that every SCI is different, but it is definitely worth looking into, especially since you have a history of sepsis. Good luck to you.

By the way, this also happens to me when my BP is due. I'm assuming that since you are three months into this, that this is not causing your problem though. LOL

One more thought, please have your care giver check you entire bod for skin breakdown or anything else unusual. Something as simple as an ingrown toenail can cause dysreflexia. Keep us all posted.

Right now I feel that my bladder is full and ready to be emptied but only a small amount of urine is in my leg bag.
    That's one of the tell tale symptoms that I get when I have a UTI. The UTI makes my normally flacid bladder start to spasm making me "feel" as though I have to catheterize. Along with the dreaded male "shrinkage factor".
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria