Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure

Thumbs down Cure

What is going on with a cure????????????.

Quote Originally Posted by KERRDOUGLAS
    Well, I can only tell you it is not here yet, but even so the china treatment is on back order till the end of 2007 for new applicants. And, no one has really had a remarkable return from it. Money is the first thing the field is after, by people going frantically for treatments with very little return it almost suggests that they can make money without a good cure. I don't understand. If they offer it as a treatment for what? What have they cured? If they are doing research do they need hundreds of these procedures?

I dont know why combo therapies are not being tried yet, what are they waiting for? We are slowly losing valuable time.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadPro
    I dont know why combo therapies are not being tried yet, what are they waiting for? We are slowly losing valuable time.
    They got a good thing going, don't spoil it for them. Remember, even Dr. Young said researchers follow the money so that tells me they care more about money than the cure. Right now they got a great situation, they get money from the states and private funding, and can continue to blame coming up empty on the bush administration. They love where they are at.

What shall we do?????

Unhappy

Not much, Dear if you asking about human applications & implications of successful rat trials

Same old thing since 1996 (Cheng/Olson trial) Rats walking -we not!

Wise trying to keep spirits high

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Same old thing since 1996 (Cheng/Olson trial)
    Nine years isn't that long time ago, is it? I remember '96 like it was yesterday.
    Last edited by Leif; 10-18-2005 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    What shall we do?????
    I say we all meet down at the beach,drink a shit load of beers,sing sea shanties,laugh and holler obsenities at passing seagulls,pass out,wake with the sunrise and do er up again..

Smile

Shaun that sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Not much, Dear if you asking about human applications & implications of successful rat trials
    Same old thing since 1996 (Cheng/Olson trial) Rats walking -we not!
    Wise trying to keep spirits high
    ... my friends, in 1981, I have traveled to Washington DC, Reservoir Road, to meet a Dr. called Karl Kao. At that time he was performing surgeries for scies, autografts of schwann cells taken from a nerve's leg of the patient. I think he got very few recoveries with that therapy and when I read comments about the results of Dr. Huang, it looks like the same comments I heard about Dr. Kao 25 years ago...
    The difference is that, 25 years later, you cannot have anymore surgeries in the US and you must travel to China or Russia and take more risks to do something to try avoid dying in your own shit, urine and bedsores. Forgive me about those words but that's the way I see it. Just think about the friends quads and paras you've lost...
    Fundamental research have made a lot of progress but I think western countries will not offer any cure before several decades. We have to be realistics, just look at the most advanced western research: Brisbane Alan Mc Kay-Sim OEG trial in phase one, with 6 patients involved in double blind. Five years later, do we have any results?... Nothing... All that we know is that 3 patients have received OEG, and the 3 others have supported the risks of a surgery, anaesthesia without receiving OEG... Am I correct?...
    Don't talk about cure, this is uncure... The whole system is completely twisted and the way paras and quads are treated is a real shame...
    George