Thread: Anyone who changed from complete to incomplete 1 to 2 months from injury . . .

Anyone who changed from complete to incomplete 1 to 2 months from injury . . .

. . . and is willing to share their experience?

It sounds like most people who are incomplete were incomplete w/n 48 hours of surgery -- but I'm curious to learn of people who went incomplete later on. Any significant return of functionality?

I'm still unsure if the statistic relating to people who are incomplete (possibility of up to 75% return) applies to those who went incomplete later on, or is just limited to those who were incomplete right away (24-48 hours).

i was classified as comlpete the first 2 months i was in the hospital....but around 8-9 weeks i started getting these weird feelings up and down my back like i was laying on a hot griddle....then i started to be able to feel the bowel program.....they came and redid the asia test, and i was reclassified as incomplete, asia b...

i started off as a complete c5/6...with weak wrist extension on the left, no wrist extension on the right....but as of now,(1.5 years post) im a c6 incomplete....with strong wrist extension on both sides, and im hoping my triceps return...also a trace of thumb flicker....

if there is anything more you'd like to know, just ask....

my son was asia a t9 for about 4 months but I believe he was incomplete after 2 weeks. doctors didn't seem to believe he could feel his legs when we rubbed them. his spine was not repair for a month as he had a tbi also. here it is 4 yrs later and he has B/B back never had uti. walks around house with walker and into bathroom. feeling down to his knees almost normal hot and cold. below knees no hot and cold but about 70% feeling. hot and cold on bottom of feet. he had asia test about 3 months ago was asia c.

haha...i just realized you were probably looking for FULL RETURN stories....dont worry, theyre out there...

but i know dropping from C5 to C6 was HUGE for me....its amazing what a few millimeters can do for you if you're a quad....

Quote Originally Posted by jayday9
    haha...i just realized you were probably looking for FULL RETURN stories....dont worry, theyre out there...

but i know dropping from C5 to C6 was HUGE for me....its amazing what a few millimeters can do for you if you're a quad....
    Yeah it makes a huge deference
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Foster.

Has your son still got his bed tilted?

Quote Originally Posted by foster
    my son was asia a t9 for about 4 months but I believe he was incomplete after 2 weeks. doctors didn't seem to believe he could feel his legs when we rubbed them. his spine was not repair for a month as he had a tbi also. here it is 4 yrs later and he has B/B back never had uti. walks around house with walker and into bathroom. feeling down to his knees almost normal hot and cold. below knees no hot and cold but about 70% feeling. hot and cold on bottom of feet. he had asia test about 3 months ago was asia c.
    Find us on Facebook using inclined bed therapy as a search term.

Quote Originally Posted by foster
    May I ask went your son got his B & B back?

My daughter is 15 months post, but no B & B yet.
    Rick

GO FORWARD! 2 FIGHT! PARALYSIS!

rickhemi--what does it mean by "incomplete" after 2 weeks. B/B back after 2 weeks? Or sacral sensation/volitionary contraction after 2 weeks? Or some returns after 2 weeks?

Dan, he is referring to going from an ASIA A to an ASIA B, C or D within 2 weeks. If you are not familiar with this classification, you may want to read Dr. Young's article about classification of spinal cord injury here:

http://carecure.org/index.php?page=v...nalLevels.html

(KLD)