Thread: Will tomorrow's [Wed] announcement be a video iPod?

Will tomorrow's [Wed] announcement be a video iPod?

Even though Steve Jobs hates being predictable..... I still say, "Yes."
    ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

(Out on a limb) PowerBook with an Intel chip.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Maybe the iToilet?
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I'll go out on two limbs. Video iPod, and dual-core dual-processor PowerMac G5s. There's also a chance of a PowerBook G5 (IBM announced a portable ready G5 a couple of months ago).

If there's a PowerBook with Intel chip announced, I'll post a video of me eating my 2G iPod.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Jobs will be announcing a brand new, CE-based iPod.

...or not.

Given Jobs' distaste for making the iPod into a multifunctional device, I doubt he would be releasing an iPod (or an add-on) that would Wi-Fi access or enable text messaging, but you never know.

With predicted revenues falling short, it's probably an attempt to buoy investor confidence.
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 10-12-2005 at 06:03 AM.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

New video ipods + a nice revision to the imacs... cool, but nothing I'm gung-ho for. I'll be excited if/when they put a G5 in a Powerbook. *shrug*

www.macrumors.com / www.apple.com
    Last edited by -scott-; 10-12-2005 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Given Jobs' distaste for making the iPod into a multifunctional device, I doubt he would be releasing an iPod (or an add-on) that would Wi-Fi access or enable text messaging, but you never know.
    Apple has already teamed up to bring the ipod/itunes world together w/ the mobile phone market.

http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cel...unes_ROKR.html

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    New video ipods + a nice revision to the imacs... cool, but nothing I'm gung-ho for.
    okay, I'm watching the keynote & the new revisions are actually pretty darn cool. Apple keeps making better & better stuff.

Free content/movies for the video iPod.

iPod Movies
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com