Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Quads pay no Property Taxes in Florida!

Norm/Steven,

Even if we are employed and not eligible for SSI or SSDI?

Thx,
    Susan

Talking

Sue, like Colin would let you move there? Haha

LOL, Chris, not a snowball's chance in Florida that he would. Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Taxes...errr..Lakes, has the same deal, though. I was surprised. I doubt I'm eligible, though, darn it.

Well, I knew New Jersey wouldn't give much, if anything....if there is a land of "10,000 taxes", it's NJ.
    Following is a response I received regarding this issue for New Jersey;

"New Jersey resident homeowners, age 65 or older or permanently and totally disabled, or their unmarried surviving spouses may qualify for an annual deduction of up to $250 from real property taxes on their dwelling house. To qualify for the deduction the following conditions must be met:

· Must be legal resident of New Jersey for one year immediately prior to October 1 of the year before the year the deduction is claimed; and

· Must own the home for which the deduction is claimed and reside there as your principal or primary residence; and

· Annual income (exclusive of Social Security or, with limitations, similar government pension, disability or retirement programs) does not exceed $10,000 during the year for which the deduction is granted.

The maximum benefit amount that is excludable for the tax year 2005 is $23,320. This amount is changed annually to reflect a cost of living adjustment.

New Jersey law does not provide a property tax exemption based on particular disabilities. However, by law, property tax exemptions are available to certain nonprofit educational, religious, charitable, veteran, firefighter, youth and historic organizations which benefit the general public and which meet stringent eligibility criteria. The brochure “New Jersey Property Tax Benefits” is available on the New Jersey Division of Taxation, Local Property Tax website at http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxa...t/localtax.htm which contains information about New Jersey’s property tax relief programs such as the Property Tax Reimbursement(Tax Freeze); the Fair Rebate; the Property Tax Deduction/Credit; the Veteran’s Property Tax Deduction and the Disabled Veteran’s Exemption and contact numbers of the various programs.

Division of Taxation

Property Administration

Policy and Planning"

Now, I ask you, how could you even afford to own a home and income only less than $10,000 ?????

I guess it's better than nothing

I just sent about 10 stamped letters to different dept.s in the PA gov't.

Including the Senators & House.

Everyone needs to alert them & it should be law in every state.

Quote Originally Posted by cathy j
    Now, I ask you, how could you even afford to own a home and income only less than $10,000 ?????
    There are loans from HUD & USDA Rural Development available to buy a home at 1%.

Plus Disabled people can inherit homes from family etc. Then they will have to sell it because they can afford property taxes.

I just found this out, this Bill could increase the tax rebate. It hasn't reach the Senate floor yet.

"There is a provision in law providing for a partial property tax rebate for disabled persons. There is also a bill to increase that rebate. We will keep your concerns in mind when these bills reach the senate floor for consideration."

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...B0793P0986.HTM
    Last edited by Norm; 10-20-2005 at 05:16 PM.

Norm excellent work!

Thank you for jumping into this.

It is vital information.

Could you please link any info on HUD
    loans. Do they pertain more to the area and not neccessarily
    the disabled buyer? Would loans to the disabled
    be more state than federally governed?

Thanks again.

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

I was directed more locally to section 8. I want to move to Delaware Co. so this is who I have to contact. This is an example. http://www.dcha1.org/index_files/page0050.htm

You would need to find similar in a NJ County. I'm still learning so it could be different. But I notice HUD seems to put out links locally. Start here for NJ, http://www.hud.gov/local/index.cfm?state=nj

Be very careful with this. In my county in Washington state, this is only a deferral. I've seen the same elsewhere, also income caps.

http://www.co.snohomish.wa.us/docume...seniordefs.pdf