Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Quads pay no Property Taxes in Florida!

thanks for the heads up on that information sjean. i'm grew up in connecticut and jim and i visited this past spring. he loved it that much and my family that he said he'd like to spend more time up there. any way...he thought about buying something, but i assumed the taxes would be sky high. this would be great if he could get some tax relief. thanks again!

i just did some quick reading...it says that u can't make a certain income. in florida it doesn't matter what u make...NO TAXES.
    Last edited by stormie427; 06-26-2006 at 10:17 AM.

North Carolina too ... holy cow! Wish chad had known about this before we married ....

http://www.dornc.com/practitioner/pr...xemptions.html

Maybe it will help someone else though. I agree that this thread should be moved to the Life forum - would not want anyone to miss this info!!!

Found more: also applies to INCOME tax!!

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...05-151.18.html
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

i owned a home in rancho bernardo (san diego), but my job income too high.

again, i caution folks to really ask questions. so many of these are income related or deferrals. if they aren't, that's great. but...just make sure.

Actually quads do pay ad valorem taxes and mine was about $600 last year. Better than the paying it all.

Has any states changed their tax laws? This needs to be taken up by the SCI community.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Wow, Florida suddenly seems like a VERY good place to live! Massachusetts has nothing like that at all, and I pay a bundle for my little condo here.

For those who want to know about Florida, I saw some earlier post that I would like to clear up. Quads are exempt from ad valorem taxes. This is true, but the non-ad valorem taxes, which are assesments, can still be large. Any para or quad that is a veteran is also exempt. As for other para's, good luck. You can get an exemption but your household income must be under a certain amount ($22k gross last time I checked). This amount changes every year and it includes ALL income from ALL sources and ALL persons living in the house, even kids.

Just rec'd our tax bill for this year. State of TN tax relief for the elderly or 100% disabled: Elderly: You were 65 years old or older as of 12-31-07
    Disabled: You must be 100% disabled as rated by the Social Security Administration or other qualifying agency AND the total amount of all persons income on the deed did not exceed $24,000

Our local office that sends out the property tax bills has this printed on the reverse side of the bills.

Hope this might help someone.

Major Personal Taxes In Kentucky

Property owners age 65 and over or totally disabled are allowed a homestead exemption on their principal owner-occupied residences, adjusted every two years for changes in the U.S. Consumer Price Index. The Homestead Exemption amount for 2007 has been adjusted to $31,400. Condominium units qualify for the exemption. (KRS 132.810)

Has Pa changed its property tax laws because of your efforts? Does Pa have a website that summerizes disability related tax laws? Thanks.