Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: We are off to the first rugby tournament

We are off to the first rugby tournament

Jesse and I are leaving to go to Mount Pleasant , Michigan tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. for his first rugby tournament. He will be playing different teams from different states Saturday and Sunday. I told him that I am too nervous to attend the first game so I will be staying back at the motel. What a chicken I am, but he agreed that I should stay back because when I watched him practice that made him nervous and now since he is going to be doing a tournament he will really be nervous. I dont want to contribute to any of that. Everyone is really excited to get going with the games. His team has some good players this year. This is going to be a very busy and full weekend. It will be fun but I am anxious to have it over with too. Nervous!!!

he sure sounds like a big pussy

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jessecj7
    he sure sounds like a big pussy

You are funny. I said you were NERVOUS. Now you have these people believing you are a big pussy. Dont blame what follows this on me.

I heard he is. Good luck, have fun!

Kick some ass Jesse

Fuckin rip into 'em.

yeah ! show those girls who's the man
    cauda equina

Good luck and knock somebody out of their chair
    Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

Ok, so I know Jesse wont post anything about the tournament so I am going to. There were six teams. Minnesota won 3 and lost 2. The last game, the best one, was down to a point point spread and someone on Ice messed up big time and they lost by 2 points. Jesse being a newbie didnt get to play as much as he wanted to but when he did play he played well. His best move was when he couldnt see a hole to score so he decided to go right through two of the biggest guys guarding the line. It was a piece of cake for him and fun to watch. The two days for me were so heartbreaking that when I tried to explain some of the players to my husband, I couldnt get through the story without crying. The low pointers (their classification) which are the high level quads were the ones that I just couldnt help myself and I felt so sorry for them. I know they DO NOT want anyones sympathy but the mother in me came out big time in those two days. It made me want to get down on my knees and thank someone for the ability that Jesse does have. I helped a C4-5 put on his gloves. I had to put each one of his fingers into the holes in his gloves. It broke my heart to say the least, but he went out there and played a good game. He is only 18 and has been injured 1.5 years and he was out there giving it his all. There are many other stories of heartbreak but anyone who might read this knows what I mean and I dont have to explain. Its just that I stood there for two days watching about 50 quads (all guys except two girls) play, laugh and have fun. I asked Jesses coach what his prediction was as far as who was going to come out the winner and he said I predict everyone is going to have fun. I think everyone did and I know for sure Jesse did. He is ready to go to his next clinic in Boulder, CO this weekend. They are going to beat that kid up cuz he is the rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse's Mom
    Ok, so I know Jesse wont post anything about the tournament so I am going to. There were six teams. Minnesota won 3 and lost 2. The last game, the best one, was down to a point point spread and someone on Ice messed up big time and they lost by 2 points. Jesse being a newbie didnt get to play as much as he wanted to but when he did play he played well. His best move was when he couldnt see a hole to score so he decided to go right through two of the biggest guys guarding the line. It was a piece of cake for him and fun to watch. The two days for me were so heartbreaking that when I tried to explain some of the players to my husband, I couldnt get through the story without crying. The low pointers (their classification) which are the high level quads were the ones that I just couldnt help myself and I felt so sorry for them. I know they DO NOT want anyones sympathy but the mother in me came out big time in those two days. It made me want to get down on my knees and thank someone for the ability that Jesse does have. I helped a C4-5 put on his gloves. I had to put each one of his fingers into the holes in his gloves. It broke my heart to say the least, but he went out there and played a good game. He is only 18 and has been injured 1.5 years and he was out there giving it his all. There are many other stories of heartbreak but anyone who might read this knows what I mean and I dont have to explain. Its just that I stood there for two days watching about 50 quads (all guys except two girls) play, laugh and have fun. I asked Jesses coach what his prediction was as far as who was going to come out the winner and he said I predict everyone is going to have fun. I think everyone did and I know for sure Jesse did. He is ready to go to his next clinic in Boulder, CO this weekend. They are going to beat that kid up cuz he is the rookie.
    No need to apologise Jesse's mom. For me - c5/6 very little finger movement - it is refreshing to see a family so positive regarding the outcome of an injury. Posts from yourself and Jesse have often indicated that you are thankful about how lucky Jesse is re function etc and you are clearly a family that just gets on with life.

When I was newly injured last Christmas it hit my parents harder than me. I think they thought my life was over - they are a lot more positive now and it is great to see how proud of Jesse you are because it shines through in your posts. Hopefully my parents feel as positive.

And at the risk of Jesse thinking I'm hitting on his mom .....you are always welcome to help me put my gloves on
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."