Thread: PCA and the boyfriend

PCA and the boyfriend

i have a fairly good attendant. She has a boyfriend. She has asked if he could stay over and I said yes. I think I made a mistake as the boyfriend tends to stay more nights each week. I know I could just put my foot down, but she is a good attendant and I would hate to lose her. Does anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Afraid
    i have a fairly good attendant. She has a boyfriend. She has asked if he could stay over and I said yes. I think I made a mistake as the boyfriend tends to stay more nights each week. I know I could just put my foot down, but she is a good attendant and I would hate to lose her. Does anyone else have this problem?
    you should have never said yes to begin with
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Nice topic - think I'd just tell her it makes you uncomfortable, and your home is not a hotel..... that you thought you'd try it, but decided after-the-fact that it's not for you and your home.

I was going to bring up a similar topic.... my mom and little bro have moved in with me and if/when my dad gets to come home (to my house... long story), thought about trying to get a single-mom nurse, or a nurse with young children so she could bring them to work with her.... she thought that might give our "care providers" a reason to stay around longer and make our home more "caregiver friendly"....

Personally, my kids are past the "crayons on the wall" stage and I think it's going to be hard enough with essentially a "stranger" in the house most of the time without adding children/distractions into the mix........ work is work. Not sure I'm ready for that idea in my house.

Mebbe I'm just wierd.........