Thread: Weight of Quickie GT vs. Quickie Ti?

Question Weight of Quickie GT vs. Quickie Ti?

Anybody know how much lighter the Ti is than the GT? I need rigid back, side guards, arm rests and coated handrims and I'm never sure when a weight is given what's included. If I were sure I was getting just the frame weight I'd know that way. Also how much weight do you save getting titanium stuff like axles, etc? I'd like to lose some lbs. or even ounces! I don't think there are any folders lighter than my Quickie 2hp. Correct me, also, about that anyone. Thanks! Lynne

when looking to get a new chair, i looked at both the GT and the zra/c. the Gt weighs appr. 20.5 lbs total without cushion and they say the tilite weighs 18. now depending on what you get on them can add less or more weight. i chose the zra because it is supposidly the best quality and chair out now, plus i wanted titanium. the GT is aluminum. it depends really on your choice of brand and if you want painted or non. The GT is a nice chair though. i just wanted what i thought was the best..
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

I ordered a Quickie Ti 3 months ago. It should be in tomorrow or Monday. It said that it weighed 17 lbs in the papers, but that was without tippers, & arm rests. I'm not sure what the GT weighs, but now I'm in a Quickie r2 loaner. It weighs 49 lbs with everything on it & a j2 deep seat cushion. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies! After having this GT demo now for a couple of weeks I'm afraid I can't load it effectively. I guess I'm going to have to stay with a folder. It takes all I've got in upper body strength to get the GT in the car. I've tried every way I can think of to make it easier. I really wanted a rigid and I love the 85 degree front end. The Ti doesn't seem to be that much lighter either. Oh well, I can still load my Quickie 2hp: just getting harder to do. Thanks again! Lynne

I am using a Quickie GT, and i through it in the back of my subaru pretty easily, it just feels a few pounds heavier then the Ti Lite i use to have as a loaner. The Ti Lite wouldn't conserve momentum very well, i don't know if its because it was so lite or what but with the GT, it seems like a glide easier.

Thanks, mr coffee. I think I'm going to search here to see how others load their rigids, especially quads. Seems like there was a thread some time ago. Lynne

An alternative chair -- rigid but foldable

Hey Lynne,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Thanks for the replies! After having this GT demo now for a couple of weeks I'm afraid I can't load it effectively. I guess I'm going to have to stay with a folder. It takes all I've got in upper body strength to get the GT in the car. I've tried every way I can think of to make it easier. I really wanted a rigid and I love the 85 degree front end. The Ti doesn't seem to be that much lighter either. Oh well, I can still load my Quickie 2hp: just getting harder to do. Thanks again! Lynne
    ...you may want to take look at thread http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=52184

Cheers!
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Lightest Chair on the Market

Another chair you may be interested in is the Colours Zephyr. The total weight, including rear wheels, for standard set-up is 14.5 lbs. It is the lightest chair out on the market. Also because it is aluminum frame it is paintable. There is only one titanium chair that is paintable which is Invacare's Top-End Terminator (15 lbs). While the Zephyr can be customized in hundreds of ways there is no after manufacturing adjustability. So if you have had a few chairs and know the exact set-up you would like, its the lightest chair you could find.

Just to clarify!

Standard set up includes: frame, backrest (std. upholstry), casters, standard axle plate (varies by model), standard push-to-locks and std. side guards.
    Standard set up weights never include anti-tippers, armrests, cushions or specialty backrests.