Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: need to wear a shirt

need to wear a shirt

I have got to find something that will allow me to wear a shirt for more than a couple of hours. Shirts exacerbate the pain in my upper back, which is bad enough without any increase. I've even tried being wrapped in an ace bandage, but pressure stopped providing relief years ago.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Alan, I wish that I knew what to suggest. Wise.

Is there anything that would deaden the sensory nerves in your back skin to the point where they wouldn't "feel" the shirt?

Calico

Alan,
    Does it make any difference at all what kind of material the shirt is made from? You know, like silk, or with a silk base layer under another shirt. I'm asking because I've heard from others that the smoothest possible matterial can help some, even more so than the softer materials, such as Egyptian cotton.

or maybe try ultralight capiline shirt, silk weight its called, very light may be able to use as a liner?

Hi Alan
    Cortizone cream seems to work for me on the neck and lower back. Elastic waist pants and the little name tags on shirt collars irritate me.I was recently advised to use a wood beaded seat cover thingo. taxi drivers use them. They are used to reduce heat build up. Unlike lambs wool that traps heat and sweat. Hope this helps you have enough to deal with.

Pops

Material doesn't matter. Tight, loose - all the same.

Tried all sorts of creams, but, since the shoulder blades are below the C-5 dermatome, they make no difference (just like anywhere else on my body below the level of injury.)

Alan

sounds like you need like a umbrella type thing to hold the material off your skin

I need something. Preferably, something that reduces the burn and sensivity enough that I can wear a shirt and get my butt out of here now and then.

Alan

Alan, I'm on a CPS board and someone there was going to be using a ketamine cream that is made in Florida. I'll try to get more info if you think it might be worth a try. Are you on that Board? Maybe I've seen you there.

Also, I stumbled on to something called doxepin hydrochloride cream that might be helpful. Maybe you can find something about it on the internet.

Calico