Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shoulder popping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

shoulder popping

since i started doing int/ext rotator cuff exercises, 2 weeks ago, my left(the one i have injured twice) is popping alot , loudly. its a tad sore but rom is better and actually is feeling a bit stronger. its really making some noise thou.

is this from the cuff being swollen from the isolated cuff exercises? It doesnt bother me while doing my main workout routine
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Lightbulb

I don't know if it's the same type of popping but the back of my left shoulder (my weaker side) pops when I do my push-ups. I was told as long as it is not painful (mine is just a little discomfort) that it will get better as the muscle grows. Mine does not make a loud popping noise, but I can can feel it and if someone has their hand on my shoulder blade they can feel it when I work out.

Edit: why is there a lightbulb above my post? Did I do that? Ummm
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

both of mine pop a lot. especially my right one, it used to hurt a lot before my injury. it used to do it only when i was doin push-ups but now they both pop during rom...

i think its from swelling, i popped a few advil when i got to work and an hour later it stopped
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Both my shoulder blades pop, and they're very painful.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    since i started doing int/ext rotator cuff exercises, 2 weeks ago, my left(the one i have injured twice) is popping alot , loudly. its a tad sore but rom is better and actually is feeling a bit stronger. its really making some noise thou.

is this from the cuff being swollen from the isolated cuff exercises? It doesnt bother me while doing my main workout routine
    I dont why they do it,but mine popped for a couple months when i first started doing it...they dont pop or grind anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    I dont why they do it,but mine popped for a couple months when i first started doing it...they dont pop or grind anymore though.
    I MUST SAY I HAVE BEEN DOING THE EXERCISE FOR 2 FULL WEEKS NOW 6 DAYS PER WEEK. I NOTICE BETTER ROM, NO PAIN AT ALL DOING FUNKY TRANSFERS, AND THE BURNING AND POPPING ARE SUBSIDING FROM DOING THE EXERCISE. ,. ALL AND ALL IM THRILLED.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    I MUST SAY I HAVE BEEN DOING THE EXERCISE FOR 2 FULL WEEKS NOW 6 DAYS PER WEEK. I NOTICE BETTER ROM, NO PAIN AT ALL DOING FUNKY TRANSFERS, AND THE BURNING AND POPPING ARE SUBSIDING FROM DOING THE EXERCISE. ,. ALL AND ALL IM THRILLED.
    Fuente/Shaun

Will you explain exactly what the exercise is please? I have read a few times about the importance of keeping rotator cuffs in good shape but I'm not quite sure how I can do it bearing in mind I don't have your fancy equipment yet! I do have good wrist weights and some theraband.

Fuente - knowing your views on pts you'll be interested to know that I asked my PT yesterday about rotator cuffs and she didn't really have a clue!

My shoulders are rarely painful any more but I do get clicking at the front of the right shoulder if I've been leaning on it when on the computer for example. I don't think it ever used to do this before my injury.

Rhino
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    Fuente/Shaun

Will you explain exactly what the exercise is please? I have read a few times about the importance of keeping rotator cuffs in good shape but I'm not quite sure how I can do it bearing in mind I don't have your fancy equipment yet! I do have good wrist weights and some theraband.

Fuente - knowing your views on pts you'll be interested to know that I asked my PT yesterday about rotator cuffs and she didn't really have a clue!

My shoulders are rarely painful any more but I do get clicking at the front of the right shoulder if I've been leaning on it when on the computer for example. I don't think it ever used to do this before my injury.

Rhino

rhino watch shaunas workout vid. its the exercise hes doing w/ theraband. just attatch it to something.
    i hooked mine to my saratoga cycle table, well the table its on i mean. i do 3 sets of 20 w/ red band now, i started w/ yellow 2 weeks ago. i do them every morning before work and my main workout at night.
    pt's are a joke
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Do a search for rotator cuff here on cc. There are several excises you can do to help strengthen them. Just beacuse you guys have sucky PT's doesn't mean they are all useless and don't know anything.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni