Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lyrcia for neuropathic pain, has anyone tried this?

Wink lyrica and pain

i pray you find some relief from your pain
    i have been on lyrica for arthritic pain since jan 08
    it was a miracle for me took a 75mg as soon as i got home within an hour was totaly pain free
    was taking that dose twice daily
    but since i do not like taking meds am trying to wean myself off of it
    now taking 50mg twice a day
    next week going to try 75 once a day for a week then 50 mg once a day
    by then hopefully i can quit
    oh i am taking glusomine sulfate 500 mgs three times daily and its partner tumeric carcumin once a day
    love peace good health best wishes to all

Withdrawing off of Lyrica

Hello,

I am looking for anyone who has withdrawn off of Lyrica. I was on it for 6 weeks and could not take the side effects. I talk to my phramacy and they said I did not have to withdraw slowly, according to these sites I should have slowly withdrawn off of it. It has been over two weeks that I have stopped taking it and I am still dizzy. When I lay down or move my head quickly I can feel that my equal libreum is still off. Has anyone had this and how long did it last?

Windy
    windycitywoman2001@yahoo.com

Talking

totaly off the lyrica no side effects no pain
    i am and will continue to take the alternative supplements
    glusimine sulfate 500 mgs three times a day
    tumeric carcumin once daily
    peace love good health and no pain to all
    god bless

Banned
    Boles Arkansas out in the middle of nowhere

Lyrica??????

I am going to be getting Lyrica through a program with pfizer....90 days for free for a year....only because I have no income at this time....I have to wait to see P. M. when I get my dissability so I take what I can get....Since my last visit my ortho doc gave me some soma anf xanax to control my anxiety and spasms.....lot of good it did...I had one refill left on my xanax and got it filled yesterday morning 90 for 10 bucks......as of this morning my room mate took them and threw them away because she doesn't like the way I act on them....no they don't help wioth pain but at least I can get some kinda sleep when I take them.......I'd like to call the cops on her but she's the only one I can stay with and she is also the reason I had yo be hospitalized in the first place....and she paid for the script.......I may not be the easiest to get along with when I'm on medication but it's all I had....Don't know how much longer it will take to get the lyica in.....Does it really work for pain......Or do I need to just eat a bullet and get it over with?????

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rgeebee
    I am going to be getting Lyrica through a program with pfizer....90 days for free for a year....only because I have no income at this time....I have to wait to see P. M. when I get my dissability so I take what I can get....Since my last visit my ortho doc gave me some soma anf xanax to control my anxiety and spasms.....lot of good it did...I had one refill left on my xanax and got it filled yesterday morning 90 for 10 bucks......as of this morning my room mate took them and threw them away because she doesn't like the way I act on them....no they don't help wioth pain but at least I can get some kinda sleep when I take them.......I'd like to call the cops on her but she's the only one I can stay with and she is also the reason I had yo be hospitalized in the first place....and she paid for the script.......I may not be the easiest to get along with when I'm on medication but it's all I had....Don't know how much longer it will take to get the lyica in.....Does it really work for pain......Or do I need to just eat a bullet and get it over with?????
    it was a wonder drug for me within an hour after taking a lyrica 75mg my pain was totaly gone
    i hope it works as well for you
    pain is a real pain

i wish it worked well for me, i have been foublin gup at nite on doses , but no noticabl epain relief,.
    i have been using opana for bt pain, but in the evening when it gets crazy bad it seems to do nothing, i took 70 mg of opana betwen 930pm and 230 am, it wasnt to 230 that i was able to try able to go sleep . this is the 4 night in a row like this.
    i cant seem to find the right opana dose, 20 mg =ng.\tonoight i wil try 30mg .
    night s are evil
    cauda equina

to rgeebee on lyrica

Without Lyrica, my husband probably wouldv'e committed suicide from pain..He's also on morphine tablets and an antinausea to take with it. They just put our oldest on Lydicain patches for her pain besides her oxycodone and Lyrica. Everyone's different on how they respond to pain scripts. Lyrica does have side effects the first month or so when you take it. He's on 150mg 3x per day. You need to keep doing research on agencies that can help you out. It does take several times before you get approved for disability. It's such a hard long fight, we know, but you have to hang in there. Your docs should be sued for malpractice if your mri's show you to have all that trouble and they haven't helped you. Your hospital should have a social worker who can hook you up with prescription assistance. I'm surprised your states social services can't help you with some sort of assistance since you can't work. North Dakota's like that but if we go over the state line to Minnesota, all kinds of help. You can always try writing to your congressman and explain your situation. Ours has been a wealth of information. Good luck . karen

Banned
    Boles Arkansas out in the middle of nowhere
    Thanks for the info Karen....I have applied for disability 4 times now...My attorney says it may take up to a year before I get my hearing...but I'm being very patient with the whole process...it's been 4 years since I first applied......I did get my Lyrica finally and am taking about 1000 mg a day....it has taken that much to work for me but it is working for now....I'm not completely pain free but if you asked me on a scale of 1 to 10 what is my pain level I wouldn't say "orbital". I'd say it's about a 5 or 6 which is pretty good for me.....I am no longer getting anything for pain...my ortho says he can't treat me for that....state law or something....any just wanted to let you know that...and by the way...what side affects did your husband experience???? I don't think I'm having any at this time.

I tried it after an epidural for a pinched nerve.

What a waste of $75 and whatever the epidural cost.

Generics work much better and alieviated the pain, Generics are free for me.
    Tramadol 50 mg gets rid of my pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Annynonamous
    I tried it after an epidural for a pinched nerve.

What a waste of $75 and whatever the epidural cost.

Generics work much better and alieviated the pain, Generics are free for me.
    Tramadol 50 mg gets rid of my pain.
    there is no generic for lyrica
    cauda equina