Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lyrcia for neuropathic pain, has anyone tried this?

When I tried to go to 100 mg. Lyrica at a time, I produced very little urine (same problem I had when I went to 24 mg. Palladone.) So, it seems Lyrica is not for me, either. <sigh>

Anyone have a guillotine I can borrow?
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by mike
    After reviewing the responses it appears that Lyrica works better with some folks then with others. I guess the same is true with Gabapentin versus Neurontin even though they are suppose to be the same. Looking at the Pfizer website http://www.drugdevelopment-technolog...ts/pregabalin/, it is interesting to note that they do not claim that their is any increase in effectiveness for pain relief,which they would certainly claim if they had evidence, but state that since lower doses are required there should be less side effects. The conclusion that I would draw from all of this is that Lyrica is not really a better drug for CP but as is the case in all drugs in may work better with some folks then others.
    I don't think there have been enough responses to draw any conclusions yet. 10 people is a pretty poor sampling, I wouldn't draw any conclusions until I had heard at least a 100 responses, 1000 would be even better.

I'm going to give the 100 mg. another shot, in case the effect was a fluke.
    Alan

i am going to try it too, pick up a script for it this week.
    i have this hypersensitivity pain RSD pain in my foot that stops me from wearing any shoe in winter, this causes more problems since the cold foot sets off unhappy sensations, i am starting out real low , i think 25mg 3x a day.
    cauda equina

I'm at 100 mg. of Lyrica twice a day, heading for 150 mg. twice a day. No relief so far.
    Alan

Lyrcia after multiple back surgery's

I have just started taking Lyrcia a few months ago after chronic pain in both my legs for the last 20 years after 4 surgery's at L5-S1,S2, S3 with spinal fusions. I had the usual shooting pains and the feeling that there were electrical currents running down both legs. I have quit taking any form of pain meds as they simply robbed me of any quality of life. I was visiting my doctor and I always ask if any new medications have come out lately and he went and got me a sample bottle of 50mg Lyrcia and said "Try this", I had tried Neurontin with really bad effects a few years ago, My doctor told me that it was like Neurontin but without some of the unpleasant side effects. I came home and took a 50mg cap and waited, after an hour it was like someone had thrown a switch to turn the pain and electrical activity off. I have since moved up to 300mg per day as the 150mg did not last me 24 hours. I love this drug, I seem to have no side effects at all.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Jury Still Out For Lyrica Decision; I Got Moved To 225mg

WE'LL see, i didn't have luck with gabapentin.
    it all sucks

i use lyrica too. but lately i've gotten a stronger burning sensation in my left arm. i need more lyrica. btw, nuerotin didn't do too much good for me.

this is a WAY OLD THREAD though.
    -C6 incomplete
    -injured January, 14th 2006 in roll-over

as with any med,everyones individual response,really IS very highly individual.i had absolutely no side effects or pain relief from neurontin and finally went off at 3600,then i did have blurred vision but up til then had no side effects at all.went onto gabitril from there,and all i wanted to do was sleep.that side effect actually never ever went away for over like a year and a half i was on it,it also really didn't do muxch for my pain issues either.really great sleep aid tho.cymbalta was a huge disaster with too many side effects to even get into,mostly horrid nausea and flu like symptoms,so that one went too.

next i tried lyrica,now this was really a freaky experience.the day after my first dose of it,my legs began aching like a bitch,but it also actually dropped the lower leg swelling i had had since a surgery done on my RSD knee last april.interesting.the next day,legs still a bit achey,the huge swelling in my actual RSD knee,went down by like half,really amazing since in over the three years this has been there,that swelling has only become much worse,never better.but this med also did something to my polycystic kidneys.it made them swell even more than they already were and caused them to actually shift out of their normal position.

while this was going on tho,i was for the first time,also experiencing some actual relief from my central pain.nothing had ever touched that before either.but once again the side effects of my eyes being sooo screwed up and actually crossing and uncrossing and the leg co ordination was like i had just consumed a six pack or something.i couldn't walk a straight line if my life depended on it.it kept running into walls all the time and kept leaning and walking to the left for some bizarre reason.it appears,at least for me anyways that this med really affected the cerebellum in my brain,which helps to govern prioperception,the eyes,and co ordination.i have done alot of research on the basics of anti siezure type meds,and it does appear that quite a few of them do actually affect the cerebellum and can also cause whats called cerebellar syndrome,this is actually listed as a possible(but rare) side effect with the lyrica,if you read all that literature that is sent out by the drug company on it.

the thing is,you just don't or wont know how your particular response will be to any med you take til you actually try it.everyone reacts in their own way,just because our body chemistry and other medical issues we may have,and the other meds we take,all will dictate our own response.i would reccomend anyone to actually at least try lyrica and see how it works for them.like i stated above,while i did have some really awful side effects from it,it really DID help with my central and other pain issues.the side effects tho,well,they were just not worth that trade off.but that was just me.other people hail it as a wonder drug for them,so who knows.i would personally never not try a med that could possibly help with my hell just because of someone elses response to it.who knows,it could be the wonder med you have been looking for.but you will never know til you actually try it.

i am really glad to hear that this med is really working well for some of you.i just wish my side effects were not sooo over the top as it really did help,with many aspects.anything and everything is always worth a try,espescially with the burning hell of this crappy ass pain.marcia

Lyrica works for me!

Hello Sissy and all of those who are wondering,
    I just started Lyrica this past Wednesday 1/16/08 and WOW, I have not felt this good in over 11 years. In 1996 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have lived in chronic pain ever since. (long story - I had a virus attack my nervous system with a 105.7 temp.) This pill allows me to feel everything as normal, but dulls my pain by over 60%+! I still have some pain and muscle problems, but overall, the pain is so low compared to what I was dealing with, I feel so happy and hopeful. Nothing and I mean nothing has ever helped me the way Lyrica has.