Thread: Parking rant

Parking rant

so I figured I'd write this post just to rant about my latest parking extravaganza. I go to Walmart with my van and park as usual. I come out and some jack@#$ is parked right next to me in the no park area of the spot so I can't open the lift. I was tempted to call the police to have the car towed, but since I was on lunch break I figured I would be nice and quick and have the store page to have the car moved. Of course I wait 20 minutes and nobody shows, so at this point getting progressively pissed I decide to call the PD and request a cop. As I am on the phone this guy comes out with bags and opens the car to put them in. I then hang up with the PD as I figure I am all set. I proceed to attempt to make the guy understand that you do not park in that zone and he keeps telling me "not my car, friend's car" at which point I am like well you have the key so move it. So he just keeps saying it's not his car and I am at this point ready to knock the guy out as he makes a couple of steps at me. He then just walks away back towards the store. Luck have it a cop happened to stop at Walmart for something and I flagged him down and he wrote a nice ticket for the bast@$#!! Serves him right! Just thought I would rant to others who I know have had the same pleasure of close encounters with jackasses!!
    Ride It Like You Stole It!

When that happened to me the cop said he couldn't write a ticket or tow it beause it is a pivate lot. The store manager had to authorize it, after the manager said do both the cop felt sorry for them because they were an elderly couple, and did nothing. Not to be rude but if they can't understand how and where to park what other traffic laws do they not understand or are just choosing not to abide by? I also had a state trooper block me in like that, I left a nasty note and then called the police, boy did that look bad.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Ive been there man...even back into the stalls thinkin youve got the no park paint right beside ya and still get screwed.The best is when theres enough room for the doors to open and then you can let the lift down onto/into the side of the car...Ive since given up on H/C spots,you'll find me parked at the far empty end of the parking lot where AB's and the elderly fear to tread..

Even better you have room to let the lift down but you are just an inch or so short of beng able to get of the lift. That is a bitch! Gotta get back in the seat and move the van over a try again.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

WTF is it with walmart and the frikkin parking spaces?

Here's my rant from the other day -- I just C/P from my blog:
    I come out of Walmart and can't get to my van. Even as an AB, I would not be able to squeeze between the cars sideways--forget getting in the van. Why? Because there is a car parked beside my van in the no parking section. She really had to squeeze between my van and the bike rack to get in there.

So there I sat in my wheelchair - in the cold, pouring rain, trying to figure out how to get in my van. I looked at her car and realized she is still in it!! I roll over to her window and she looks at me like I am going to attack her. I am sitting closer to the ground than she is in her car. She looks down at me and rolls down her window about an inch.

"I'm sorry to bother you, ma'am, but you are parked right against my van and I can't get my wheelchair between our cars."

She lit into me like I have never heard. Well, I have heard, but not out of a sweet, old lady. *cough* She called me everything but a white woman. Then she looked at my chair and had the nerve to ask me why I think I deserve a handicapped parking spot. "Well, I need to ensure that I can get into my van and standard spots aren't wide enough. Evidently that doesn't matter to people who feel the need to park illegally. Can you walk? Why do you feel the need to park in a HC spot and sit in your car?"

She finally moved, but parked just behind the passenger corner of my van so I couldn't back completely out. At that point I acted like I was going to back right into her. She threw it into reverse rather quickly and cussed me some more. As I pulled off, I waved and smiled. She flipped me off, then pulled into the spot I just vacated.

Jadis I get that crap but it is usually Christmas time when everyone is pissed about shopping. Got to love that time of year. Don't you hate it when someone is just sitting in there car waiting for who only know what and wont move! The manager at Walmart was really nice to me, he offered to move my van and wait for the cop to write a ticket for the people blocking me.
    www.cawvsports.org

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    Even better you have room to let the lift down but you are just an inch or so short of beng able to get of the lift. That is a bitch! Gotta get back in the seat and move the van over a try again.
    Yeah that is a total bitch!! "Oh, sorry, Did I scratch the side of your car with my chair??" HAHAA!
    Ride It Like You Stole It!