Thread: Urological supplies

Urological supplies

Dose anyone know of a company that will ship caths to your home every month and bill the insurance company directly? That would safe a lot of paper work for us?

Thanks;

JJG

I believe Uromed does, for covered items. Don't know a url offhand, but a search of this site will probably find it in an earlier thread.

Medical Supplies

Har-Kel, Inc.
    106 Commerce Boulevard
    Lawrence, PA 15055-0571

800-257-1830 ask for Barbie (she's a para also). She is a wonderful lady, never had any problems. She bills the insurance companies too. And she ships everything by UPS. Every once in a while she is able to send some samples if your current prescriptions doesn't work right (external catheters, etc.)for free.

Uromed

Uromed bills our insurance, accepts what the insurance pays with no co-pay from us, and ships monthly. Fantastic people, fantastic customer service.

Uromed Inc.
    1095 Windward Ridge Pkwy
    suite 170
    Alpharetta GA 30005
    800-841-1233

martha

A-Med

We have also had great success and good service with this company:

http://www.a-med.com/

They took care of all the paperwork needed to get single-use catheters paid for by Medicare for my mother.

(KLD)

Supplies

Thanks so much.

JJG

I'm curious how people get covered for ongoing home care/uro supplies by conventional major medical private insurers when no accident/work/va is involved? Typically ongoing supplies are usually not covered.

I use a-med in CA. they ship to my home in NY. Do all the medical paperwork too.

urological supplies

crags - Medicare generally, but not formally, sets the standards that other insurances seem to follow. Uromed, for example, has studied the codes and language and learned that catheters for persons with SCI can qualify as durable medical equipment. Catheters are a medical necessity for you. Then with substantial written documentation of frequency of UTI's, etc., there is further proof of the necessity for a greater supply per month than is considered usual for the general population.

If you do not have a complete explanation of benefits for your health insurance, I would encourage you to get a copy. (Every person has a right to this however, most often the consumer gets just an abbreviated outline of benefits.) It is important to read this thoroughly, including exclusions and definitions, as much will be learned about covered goods, services, etc. Then have your doctor write a prescription for the number and frequency of catheters needed. For anything that is considered durable medical equipment, the request should be accompanied by a certificate of medical necessity that cites your permanent paralysis, medical needs, etc.

I do know that Uromed is very knowledgable about this process. I would encourage you to assertively pursue the possibility of coverage for your catheters. CRF