Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group Living Residences

Thumbs down

I have sent about 6 emails for all kinds of different free assistance like, Lawyers, Housing, Financial Assistance, etc etc. the lack of replies is deafening. It amazes me how many organizations out there claim to help disabled people yet no one replies.

Now I'm starting to think about a group living home. I need to see if there is even such a place in the Philadelphia area.

I don't know how close this is to where you want to be in PA but Accessible Space Inc. has an apartment complex in Allentown,PA. They are in several other states too as you can see on the website.

Thay don't build "group homes" but do build accessible apartment complexes, use HUD funds, and are usually affordable because based on HUD (811) income guidelines.

http://www.accessiblespace.org/housi...e=Pennsylvania

Thanx, I will see if they can help. Allentown is too far away from where I want to be.

I work with a guy who lives in Doylestown - he grew up in Philly and has many friends and family members in area - I'll see if he knows of any assisted living places.
    Can't hurt!

Ok, Thanx.

Norm -
    I asked my friend from Doylestown - he knew of a retirement type community about 40 mins. north of Philly - much closer than Allentown called "Anns's Choice" but the age limit starts at 62.

Check out this link to a Philly area group that helps with "independent living".

Good luck!

http://www.libertyresources.org/

I sent an email to LR a while back, but so far no reply.

Norm: Have you looked in to Inglis House, here: http://www.inglis.org/accessible/index.htm

Also, have you contacted any of the complexes listed in Liberty Resources accessible housing database directly? When my son first came home from rehab, I had looked in to some accessible apartment complexes in the Montgomery/Bucks County area. I was sent huge application packages and I understand there are always waiting lists.

I feel your frustration. Do you have a very specific area in mind? If you do, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. Best of luck!

Deb

DebC, I want to live in Delaware Co. some place like Newtown Sq, Media, Broomall, Springfield. In that general area.