Thread: Problems with Bowels..

Problems with Bowels..

Ok, well, its been a while since Ive posted so to fill you in on whats up now here it goes..Im still waiting for the burn to heal up some more before they will do a graph. However, i have a really nasty hematoemin(bruies) and if it does not dissapate on its own, back to the hospitol I go for sergury on that! AND i have to see a Internal MD. for hemrroids to be taken out! AND ive been having so much trouble with my bowels. I havent gone for 5 days now. Im in a lot of pain. Ive taken Senocot,peri-coliace,Ex-lax milk of Mag. and supositories of doclax. what the heck is going on here?? last week I drank mag Citrate on 2 days and was in excruating pain from what it left behind(severe diahrea,and major GAS) i couldnt get the gas out at all because the hemrroids were so inflamed i couldnt get my finger in there to do dig-stim to get the gas out...why am i having so much problems w/my bowels. Im 1 yr post injury now. please HELP!!! My diet has not changed, I eat salads, protein, water,same meds since my injury;neurontin,ditropan,dantrium,flexeral(that one is new about 2 weeks),paxcil,vioxx,pericolace...

Constipation

You are on several meds that can cause constipation, and since the Flexeril is new, I would suspect that one. Why are you taking it? It is not a good drug for spasticity, but may be a temporary drug for muscle strain caused spasm (different than spasticity).

I would suggest that you take at least 1000 mg. of Colace daily routinely, and take at least 4 Senakot routinely for the duration of your time on Flexeril. Increase your fluid and fiber intake. If you have no bowel results every 2 days, then take magnesium citrate (full bottle) that night and repeat your bowel care the next day.

Call your doctor and find out if you can get your date for treating your hemorroids moved up. You should have a full bowel prep before this (probably Golytely) so that you will not need to have a bowel program for several days after the procedure.

(KLD)

still nothing..

The Flexeral was added for the muscle pain in my lower back, which is from the scolious. it actually seems to work. its better then the Morphine and Percocet i was taking for the pain. They finally figured out its muscler pain and the mucles are so tight,that they would give a relaxer. I was on Somasvand they didnt seem to do jack.

AS for the hemorriod thing, i still have to get in and see teh doctor who would be doing the procedure. Hopefully i will go before then!
    My nurse came by today and did 4 yup FOUR soap suds enama and NOTHING!!!!!!! Im hurting. she said to go to the ER if the pain is too much,or call the doctor tomorrow if i dont go. I will take Senokot, and the Ex-Lax milk of mag. and hope to go in the morning. I have bowel sounds in all 4 quads. of my abdomin, so it cant be a blockage? or could it?