Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Colours Boing! with specs and pics

My Colours Boing! with specs and pics

Here's the specs:

I sit on a 2" ROHO Lo-pro cushion.
    I ended up taking the 3" castors off and putting 4" scooter wheels on it. I ordered the wheels online for about $8, incl shipping I do believe. The bigger wheels are easier to maneuver with, help raise the front of my chair some. I ordered the wheels without bearings (not on purpose), but my ABEC-5 bearings out of my other wheels fit perfect.
    My tires are fine for town/school/etc...but for camping, astronomy observing, and winter--not so much. When we are out observing at night, once dew falls I am stuck and my wheels just spin where I sit. By winter, I will have a pair of 24" aggressive knobbies. The thicker tires offset the smaller rims so I don't need to adjust my chair angles at all. Since my wheels are quick release, they will work perfect for weekend obnoxiousness and winter in Montana. Next summer, I will be set for the state starparty.

Rollin, notice the thickness of the chair back.

Quick release string.

Quick release pin. The vertical tube towards the front of the pic is for my quick release armrest.

Twisting the quick release string to release the back. Note the bar with the decal on it - to the left of "caution." That's where the quick release push handle goes. Held in place with a pin. (If you want a pic of those, I can get you one. Sorry, I forgot) I rarely use the push handles. If I am going to be out all day - such as the fair, I use them. If I am out and about and get stuck and need quick help, then whomever is with me just grabs that "caution" bar and uses it to pull me.

The seat down. It will lay completely flat if I take my ROHO off.

Scissor Brakes. Love them... they stay out of the way and I don't whack my fingers on them when rollin.

Side shot. I was trying to show you my footplate clearance. It's up as high as it will go. I wish I would have asked for another inch. Now, I can't lower the plate hardly at all for my clinical shoes without bottoming out on uneven ground. (if you live in the city not a big deal, but I live on a llama farm.)

Seat without the cushion on. Note the back velcros to the seat bottom so no one sees your butt crack if your pants fall down.

Four Wheel Independent Suspension system. Before this chair I used to count down the hours until I could take more pain meds. In lab tests this chair absorbs 80% of vibrations. What that translates to for me is less pain. Some days, I am manageable and forget to take my pain meds. For someone who feels like they are on fire constantly, that's quite an accomplishment. My kidneys and liver thank me.

Peeling up the top to show the adjustable tension back.

There are 6 straps on the back, and two extras on the top. I have the 6 front ones on mine adjusted "soft" and the two top back ones tight. I tend to use the back of my chair for an armrest, so I like it to be a little tighter. I don't use my armrests at all. I figure if I get used to them, I will count on them as a crutch. Besides, I try to keep what is on my chair to a minimum.

My footplate and purple 4" scooter wheels. The castors are quick release too. It doesn't matter for me, but it might help when transporting the chair in small places. This is the footplate upgrade. The standard footplate is two tubes that show on the colours website.

I hope that helps ya!! If you want more pics, let me know.

What is the total weight of it?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

now thats a nice ride, hehe. glad ya took them pics of the back. ive been searchin the web for 2 days tryin to find some pictures of it. thats definitely what i'm gettin.

Quote Originally Posted by november
    What is the total weight of it?
    23 lbs total -- 10 of that is in the suspension system.

jadis, if u want that footplate higher, take it off and cut an inch off the tuibe on each side. , then it will go in further.....its stopping where the frame bends
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

but then my knees would be too high. Not only would it be uncomfy, but then I'd be flashing people when I wear skirts. Actually, my plate is pushed up as high as it will go, and it's kinda uncomfortable now. But I bottom out on uneven ground so I am leaving it where it is for now.

I'm wanting to raise the front end about another inch (not the plate). Then I could wear my uniform shoes comfortably bc I would have room to drop the plate 1" to compensate for the soles on the shoes. They look like this, only white:

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis
    but then my knees would be too high. Not only would it be uncomfy, but then I'd be flashing people when I wear skirts. Actually, my plate is pushed up as high as it will go, and it's kinda uncomfortable now. But I bottom out on uneven ground so I am leaving it where it is for now.

I'm wanting to raise the front end about another inch (not the plate). Then I could wear my uniform shoes comfortably bc I would have room to drop the plate 1" to compensate for the soles on the shoes. They look like this, only white:

the 5" caster wheels is the first thing that comes to my mind. but i know ya just bought those 4's. unless theres a way to adjust or add a spacer somehow to the casters themselves........[just some ideas]

I was wondering about a longer castor housing or fork. That way I can keep the same wheels. They match the purple of the chair perfectly LOL

Here's the parts manual for all colours chairs. Might be more detail than you want though:
    http://colourswheelchair.com/int_dow...smanual_vf.pdf

Here's the owner's manual that you will get with your chair:
    http://colourswheelchair.com/int_dow...nual_rs_vf.pdf

Might birng to mind some more questions. LOL

Lol...lol...

"If you can read this, turn me over"

That's excellant, I love it. I sure could've used that back in my drink'n days boy. I was always doing nose-dives and back flips.

Good one Jadis

thanks a lot....more readin.

nah..those will help me though. i'm an avid reader.