Thread: standing frames

standing frames

I have a question for the people who may have had trouble having a standing frame paid for by Blue Cross. After my accident, my physical therapist/doctor wrote a prescription for me to get a standing frame. My husband researched and got the easy glider 6000. National Seating and Mobility said no problem, delivered it, and now Blue Cross is classifiying this as exercise equipment. We all know the main reason for this frame is for bone density and digestion. How do I go about convincing Blue Cross of this? Thanks for any information

standing frame

what is your level. because i got a standing frame and i have medicaid.i am c-5 c-6 i needed it to put pressure on my legs. i also had dr letters and pts letter.if you have any questions private me anty
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

denny,
    that is what i would definitely suggest. Get your doctor and PT to write a good letter to bcbs....my son was actually approved for an FES bike by BCBS and I contribute it all to the wonderful letters that I sent into BCBS. They certainly should pay for a standing frame. Jess got a standing frame within 5 months of his injury and they didnt bat an eyelash.

I have Blue Cross and also have the Easy Stand. You need to have the one that does not glide. They classify the glider as exercise, but the stationary one they approve. The only difference is that gliding option. I just bought a hand cycle to get some cardio from that and they covered my stander.
    Ride It Like You Stole It!

I think it might have been better if National Seating tried to get approval before delivery of the unit, but that is beside the point now. BCBS will approve a standing frame, they may weasel out if you get the glider version though. I used a cut and paste of the letters of medical necessity examples on the Altimate Medical website, had my PT and Dr. sign a version of this letter, and BCBS approved it. They did try to weasel out on full payment using reasonable and customary cost excuses, but after a month of badgering, they paid in full. Maybe have the glider's motion function described as some sort of range of motion function in the medical necessity letter?