Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Quotes

Aladdin
    Genie: But oh, to be free. Not to have to go "Poof! Whaddaya need," "Poof! Whaddaya need," "Poof! Whaddaya need?". To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world.

Genie: I'm history. No, I'm mythology. Ah, I don't care what I am, I'm free!

Aladdin: Princess Jasmine, you're very...
    Genie: Wonderful! Magnificent! Glorious!... Punctual!
    Aladdin: Punctual!
    Princess Jasmine: Punctual?
    Genie: Sorry.
    Aladdin: Uh... uh... beautiful!
    Genie: Nice recovery.

The Lion King
    Mufasa: Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars, the great kings of the past are up there, watching over us.
    Young Simba: Really?
    Mufasa: Yes. So whenever you feel alone just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you and so will I.

Mufasa: Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
    Young Simba: But dad, don't we eat the antelope?
    Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connnected in the great Circle of Life.

The Shawshank Redemption
    Andy: That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
    "Secondhand Lions"

I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men and loved only one woman with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. Now, go home, boy!
    "Secondhand Lions"

ok i may get w word or two wrong, i'm feverish.

'' Your best? Loosers are always whining about their best, winners get to go home and f**k the prom queen.'' Sean Connery - THE ROCK

''My compliment to you is........... I started taking the pills'' Jack Nicolson - AS GOOD AS IT GETS

and MY favorite princess bride scene...... while running into the fire swamp........

Buttercup - ''we'll never survive!''
    Wesly - ''Nonsense, you're only saying that because no one ever has.''
    Death and taxes

"That's right, Mr. Martini, There is an Easter Bunny"

"Is that crazy enough for ya, want me to shit on the floor?"

Need I say, Jack, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest The greatest movie of all time.

I crashed my van into Jesus! - Saved

First the spanking and then... the oral sex. - Search for the Holy Grail

[after being strip-searched]
    Fenster: Man, I had a finger up my asshole tonight.
    Hockney: Is it Friday already?

-Usual Suspects

Honey, I'm so proud of you. I watched you very closely, and you didn't screw up once! - American Beauty

Deviating from the comedies, this last one isn't funny, just true.

Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. - American History X
    --------------------
    "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)

"You should see the toast. I couldn't even get it through the front door." Uncle Buck

Actually anything John Candy says in this move is pretty damn funny.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Scorpion

Marlon Brando screaming .....Stella..... Can't remember the movie name.

I Love the Smell of Napone in the morning...Lee Marvin in a WWII movie,, can't remember name of it.

Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn!, Rhett Butler/ Gone with the Wind.

I'll have whatever she's having...in Harry Met Sally.

Queen
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

The napalm(sp) quote was from Apocalypse Now. Great film. Oh Gone With the Wind is great too.

I love when Red in Shawshank Redemption says "Get busy living or get busy dieing". Powerful words.

Just a few of my favorites

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! Rhett Butler, GWTW

Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Rick Blaine, Casablanca

I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.. Rick Blaine, Casablanca

Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready and where people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build. I'll be there, too.Tom Joad, Grapes of Wrath

Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball! Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own.

This isn't a hospital! It's an insane asylum! Hot-Lips Houlihan, MASH

Surely you can't be serious. Ted, Airplane
    I am serious, and don't call me Shirley Dr. Rumack, Airplane

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Sheriff, Cool Hand Luke

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room! President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove

Tell me, Harold, how many of these, eh, *suicides* have you performed? Psychiatrist
    An accurate number would be difficult to gauge. Harold
    Well, just give me a rough estimate. Psychiatrist
    A rough estimate? I'd say fifteen. Harold
    Fifteen? Psychiatrist
    That's a rough estimate. Harold
    Were they all done for your mother's benefit? Psychiatrist
    No. No, I would not say "benefit." Harold, Harold & Maude

(KLD)

Kristi - I miss John Candy. I love "Uncle Buck" and "Plains Trains & Automobiles" (Steve Martin is a comic genius).

Cspine - Excellent "Princess Bride" quote/scene! That quote can fit so much in life.

Queen - I think the "Stella!" quote is from "A Street Car Named Desire."

Suzie Q - I almost posted that line by Red.

KLD - Great quotes, especially "Airplane" and "A League of Their Own", and extra cool points for "Harold & Maude"! One of my favorite movies, weird as it is! Bud Cort is awesome in that, and it's cool he still acts from time to time.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 08-30-2005 at 12:26 AM.