Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Quotes

Movie Quotes

Post your favorite movie quotes. Here are a few off the top of my head. I'll post more later...or not. One can never tell...

Way to stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
    "Napoleon Dynamite"

I know it hurts. But it's life, and it's real. And sometimes it fucking hurts, but it's life, and it's pretty much all we got.
    "Garden State"

I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen.
    "Say Anything"

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
    "Shawshank Redemption"

You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    "Princess Bride"

Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.-Tomstone

Woodrow Call: What do you want legs for anyway? You don't like to do nothing but sit on the porch and drinks whiskey!
    Gus McCrae: I like to kick a pig every once in a while. How would I do that?-Lonesome Dove
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

A Few Good Men

I want the truth. - Tom Cruise
    you can't handle the truth. - Jack Nicholson

Godfather III

Everytime I try to leave, they pull me back in.- Al Pachino

Cool "Badges!? We ain't got no badges. "

"The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart.

Mexican bandit leader (Gold Hat, played by Alfonso Bedoya) is trying to convince Fred C. Dobbs (played by Bogart) and company that they are the Federales.

Dobbs: "If you're the police, where are your badges?"
    Gold Hat: "Badges!? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!!"

Just a few I can think of from the top of my head

"Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We've missed you. Like what I've done with the place." Matrix Revolutions

"I feel the need, the need, for speed." Top Gun

"Say hello to my little friend!" Scarface
    C3-C4 complete quad
    since 1/2004
    "I don't fear death, only the method of dying"

"Hey, you had a tent!?" - Spies Like Us

"What kind of shit is this?"
    "It's the best man, I got it from a negro!."
    - Caddyshack

"I only came here to do two things,
    kick some ass and drink some beer,
    we're almost out of beer."
    - Dazed and Confused

"The Guys at the Jewish
    house said we got all our answers
    wrong." - Animal House

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

"You only find a once in a lifetime buddy...once in a lifetime." -The Little Rascals

"I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you." -Dirty Dancing

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." -Wizard of Oz (Had to throw that one in there.

"Cheerleaders are dancers gone retarded." -Bring It On

"She wrote me a 'dear-john' letter... something about me not listening enough, I don't know... I wasn't really paying attention." -Dumb & Dumber
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Agent Smith rocks! I love his delivery, the way he talks. So... logical. He's my second favourite villian, next to...

'No! I... am your Father!' <insert mechanical breathing here>

'A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man' -Vito Corleone

'Charlie Don't Surf!' -Captain Kilgore, Apocolypse Now

Wait a sec... I've used these all as sigs already. Um... carry on...

Oh! Wait! Here's a good one.

'It's when you start to become really afraid of death that you learn to appreciate life. Do you like life, sweetheart?'
    'Yes...'
    'That's good, because I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it.' -Detective Stansfield, Leon

So many from The Matrix. These 3 movies are so deep with meaning, philosophy and really make you think. Here are just a few:

Choi: Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ.
    Neo: If you get caught using that...
    Choi: I know. This never happened. You don't exist.
    Neo: Right.
    ---

Morpheus: It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
    ---

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
    ---

Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?
    ---

Morpheus: Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.
    ---

Morpheus: You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.
    ---

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
    ---

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
    Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.
    ---

-There is no spoon.

Theres just to many list,but the first that jump to mind are....''All men die,not all men truly live'' from Braveheart and from the movie Snatch..''Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this instance by an 'orrible c**t... me!''
    Last edited by Shaun; 08-29-2005 at 08:58 PM.