Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Will You Do?

Red face Power of a Dream

Quote Originally Posted by manouli
    iLL KEEP UP DREAMING, DREAMING DREAMING UNTIL THAT TIME COMES AND LIVE MY DREAM. i'M WALKING, WALKING AND NEVER STOP WALKING. BEACAUSE I AM A DREAMER! (one who lives in a world of fancy and imagination b : one who has ideas or conceives projects regarded as impractical ) I always believe that we only dream things that they can come true.
    Deep within each heart
    There lies a magic spark
    That lights the fire of our imagination
    And since the dawn of man
    The strenght of just "I can"
    Has brought together people of all nations

There’s nothing ordinary
    In the living of each day
    There’s a special part
    Every one of us will play

Feel the flame forever burn
    Teaching lessons we must learn
    To bring us closer to the power of the dream
    As the world gives us its best
    To stand apart from all the rest
    It is the power of the dream that brings us here

Your mind will take you far
    The rest is just pure heart
    You’ll find your fate is all your own creation
    Every boy and girl
    As they come into this world
    They bring the gift of hope and inspiration

The world unites in hope and peace
    We pray that it will always be

There’s so much strength in all of us
    Every woman child and man
    It’s the moment that you think you can’t
    You’ll discover that you can

The power of the dream
    The faith in things unseen
    The courage to embrace your fear
    No matter where you are
    To reach for your own star
    To realize the power of the dream

Talking Time Out People!

Quote Originally Posted by maximillian
    LOL , Leif ...

your perspective of the third world "as you call it" is funny as hell ..

you know that countries vary from one another , it's not a matter of money , if you got all the money in the world and you country doesn't have accessible places that's the big problem ...

we have good care and everything , and i myself did my surgery in europe (germany) on my own expenses , but the problem is the community .. they are not used to these types of disability .. the people like us doesn't go out much , they consider their lives over , it's just the look that disgusts me , thats why i dont go out much either ..

as you may figured out from my speech is that im from a "third world" country but this injury is way too devastating wherever you are ..

i hope we can get a cure soon.

hey Dr.nader , how's egypt ya maan lol ...
    First of all, in regards to money, the US will be considered a third world country to Qatar. They have oil dude!

In regards to humane and scientific power it is just vice versa, no insult meant!

Just try to win some of the royalties in the arab world to fund the cure for SCI and we will be dancing not just walking tomorrow!

Hey Qatar boy, Egypt; another third world country says hello, Salamat Ya Pasha!
    btw What type is ur car?!

Thumbs down what are we doing?

Why would anyone assume that there would be a cure in the next 5 years? Saying that the cure will come in increments over a period of time, is realizing that there won't be a cure in any of our lives anytime remotely soon. I wish something would have panned out in the last 10 years, but nothing has, and since scientists are treating rats, with no realistic intention of bringing any potential therapies to clinical application, for whatever reasons, is their way of saying most of us will never walk, piss, orgasm, etc, etc, etc, etc, ever again. There was a brief noise about treating acutes in the last several months, but this too will be pushed back and back and back, etc., until researchers realize that the only chance for someone with a SCI is to get to them before an injury comes complete. Once the cells are dead, like Dr. Waxman said, there is no way of restoring the limb. END OF STORY! I curse God for having a dumb, arrogant, jerkoff doctor put me in this wheelchair, then contributing to my completeness of injury, by running around the cause of the SCI, only treating the grim symptoms after the fact. I despise all doctors, while laughing at them now that they aren't making as good money as they though they'd be making, and most of all, I despise all the people who stare, or cross the street when they see someone in a wheelchair, just happened to me last night as a matter of fact on the streets of Greenwich, Ct., and lastly, and certainly most of all, I truly despise the able-bodied impotent who write those manuals of which you are given after your injury is stabilized. You know, the manuals which begin with these stories, " Matt had his whole future ahead of him, until suddenly one day...", and often end in dumb founding condenscention to the patient, " today Matt has realistic expectations about life and sex, and doesn't wait for a cure that might never happen". To all of you people who write these pathetic books, I go to bed every night praying to the devil that they get paralyzed for life, and end up reading their own books and words, and realizing what a disaster this is.
    I'm going back into my liar of hell, good riddance...
    sherman brayton

U r Fueled!

Quote Originally Posted by sbdspray
    I despise all doctors, while laughing at them now that they aren't making as good money as they though they'd be making, and most of all, I despise all the people who stare, or cross the street when they see someone in a wheelchair, just happened to me last night as a matter of fact on the streets of Greenwich, Ct., and lastly, and certainly most of all, I truly despise the able-bodied impotent who write those manuals of which you are given after your injury is stabilized.
    For the first one, don't go see one, for the second screw them, for the last do not read the manuals.
    Take it easy man, the world is not worth it!

Vanity, definitely my favorite sin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sbdspray
    I despise all the people who stare, or cross the street when they see someone in a wheelchair, just happened to me last night as a matter of fact on the streets of Greenwich, Ct., and lastly, and certainly most of all, I truly despise the able-bodied impotent who write those manuals of which you are given after your injury is stabilized. You know, the manuals which begin with these stories, " Matt had his whole future ahead of him, until suddenly one day...", and often end in dumb founding condenscention to the patient, " today Matt has realistic expectations about life and sex, and doesn't wait for a cure that might never happen". To all of you people who write these pathetic books, I go to bed every night praying to the devil that they get paralyzed for life, and end up reading their own books and words, and realizing what a disaster this is.
    in this, im totally agree with you brayton.

I just love this movie:
    Run Forrest, Run!
    You have to do the best with what God gave you!
    Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get.
    Mama always said, dying was a part of life!

I would to say thank you,Leif. I did have a rather quiet birthday. It was ok. Im still not use to this chair. Just puts me in a funk sometimes. Take care..John

drnader,

I tried to post the pics of the car, but the file is too big. Oh well.

I know what you mean about the car being a friend to us.

I use a hand control system made by Sure Grip in my Durango. In my opinion all these types of controls are grossly inadequate. Then again, so is most of the stuff made for those of us in chairs.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by drnader
    First of all, in regards to money, the US will be considered a third world country to Qatar. They have oil dude!

In regards to humane and scientific power it is just vice versa, no insult meant!
    According to; United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Human Development Index (HDI) for 2004 http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2004/ :

Norway (1), Sweden (2), Australia (3), Canada (4), USA (8), UK (12) - Qatar (47), Egypt (120).

Quote Originally Posted by drnader
    Just try to win some of the royalties in the arab world to fund the cure for SCI and we will be dancing not just walking tomorrow!
    If you are gonna wait for some of the Arab royalties I guess you will have a long waiting in front of you

thank you leif. i will get in touch with this hospital is what i can do being in india.