Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gmail

Gmail

Does anyone here have one of these Google email accounts? If I could be so bold as to ask you to invite me to join. I want to try that new GoogleTalk app for which you apparently need a gmail account, which are as far as I can tell still in beta phase and available by invitation only. Thanks.

I'd be happy to invite you to join, but it's not necessary anymore!! Just go to mail.google.com and click on "sign up" - it helps if you have a cell phone to receive a text message from them.
    Enjoy,
    Carl

If you need invitation send email to bor.melansek@gmail.com and I'll send it to you.

Bor
    Last edited by bor999; 08-30-2005 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl
    I'd be happy to invite you to join, but it's not necessary anymore!! Just go to mail.google.com and click on "sign up" - it helps if you have a cell phone to receive a text message from them.
    Enjoy,
    Carl
    Not available to me... maybe it's a country thing. Thanks anyway.

i have 100 invites

just send a email to philquad@gmail.com

say, gimme invite
    survivor of beijing oeg transplant

I also have plenty of invites, and if you request one, just send me an email and you will receive a Gmail account.

PsyTech@Gmail.com
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

When you sign up for gmail at http://mail.google.com you will find that you can import a list of your contacts (email addresses) so that you can compose and send email. Well, they need it in CSV (comma-separated values) formatted file which the Apple OSX Address Book does not do. So, if you have all your email addresses in the Address Book, are you doomed to enter 1000 email addresses one-by-one manually? No.

By the way, while gmail provides a number of ways in which you can export contacts from yahoo and other programs, the steps are occasionally convoluted. Here is a good site of all the ways to import contacts from a whole variety of programs and sources to gmail http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/2735

By the way, the solution for the Apple Address Book is this little gem of a program http://homepage.mac.com/kenferry/sof...dressBookToCSV

Wise.

I got a GMail, got a Gmail, I feel so techy Thx all.
    Lizbvk9@gmail.com

GMail me

Google Talk is in beta but it is free, and you will need a Google account.
    Last edited by PN; 09-05-2005 at 08:33 PM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com