Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: doin away with the pushrim altogether..

I'm a C5 quad also and mainly use the tires to push on because it's so much easier to have the grip. I always wondered if it was worth having them on also. I can't see the push bar giving any strength to the rim, just extra weight if you don't use them. Plus they rub on my knuckles and I got some lovely blisters out of the deal. I will probably get rid of mine sooner or later and get some nice grippy tires.

Question

Ya know they do make push rims that are like a solid but fairly thin wall of plastic that keep your fingers out of the spokes and allow more surface area to push on. I don't know what they are called, but I'm getting them on my chair before too long and I'm sure they're a lot lighter than the big metal hoop I got on their now. These might be worth it for you to look into, but you may want to hear from someone who has actually used them before.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Hey Rollin..

Guaranteed the day you don't have them, you'll roll through a slimy double coiler, I'll put $20 on it. Cuffs or not......

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    one thing i'm still unsure about though....i mentioned to my brother one time about just taking them off cause i couldnt get in the bathroom where i was livin at the time. he had the idea that they also might help keep the rims from warping so easily. would that be a reasonable assumption? or have any of yall heard anything like that?
    I have never heard that and it doesn't seem likely.