Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Lima

Excuse Me but allow me to express my feelings it is simply "SHIT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Fajt
    We both had Dr. Lima's procedure and payed a high price, this is no secret! I do not believe that anyone is walking due to this experimental surgery, how could i? I worked my tail off and i know Joy did the same, hell we fought together and if we can't walk then i don't believe anyone can.. sorry but i had to believe that i would walk again because they told me i would so i believed with all of my heart and soul that i would, perhaps i wanted it to work so badly that i believed it did, i was wrong and i appologize as i am in tears that people could be selling their homes or using all the money they have because i was to afraid to admit i failed myself and others. I am sorry and i will send this letter to Dr. Lima.
    Susan,

You're human. We all want to believe in something. I admire the courage and resolve you and Joy both demonstrated. I don't think I have the "moxie" you 2 displayed. No apology needed here. We're all in this mess together.

Thank you Susan. I have actually written 3 papers this week. Eveytime I see an article about someone going I email the paper. I leave them my email in case the person would like to email me. One paper did pass on my email to the guy and he did email me. I am not sure if I changed his mind, but at least he has heard the other side.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    Susan,

You're human. We all want to believe in something. I admire the courage and resolve you and Joy both demonstrated. I don't think I have the "moxie" you 2 displayed. No apology needed here. We're all in this mess together.
    I approuve schmeky and everybody must walk his own way!
    Susan is a great exeample of courage and determination and she prouved this many times.
    I know a Man in Germany who sold his House for a surgery but he has never heard something about "Mrs Fajt" !!

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

R32-wolf

P.S: Susan:dry your tears and give us one of your beautiful smile.
    Wer bremst ist feige!

I mortgaged my home to have Dr. Lima's surgery. I truly believed his surgery was going to make me walk again or at least be able to go the bathroom on my own. He told me about all the things his patients were getting back. I believed him. I know Susan did too.

How did the PBS segment "Miracle Cell" come about? I remember thinking, 'wow, this sounds good' after watching that, but then getting discouraged after finding no definitive positive information from anyone that had the procedure other than descriptions crafted to be vague at best. I sometimes feel that widely disseminated 'news' of 'cures' that have not real value hurt us in the long run when the general public thinks that there is a cure after hearing these tales. Heck, some of the religious right are using the Lima procedure as a reason why there should be no more research, the cure is already here, right?

Susan your post made me want to cry. When I got hurt you and the others who had undergone treatments and posted here were my heroes. You all were much braver then me. As far as I know your postings have always accurately shown your progress and results from Dr Lima's procedure. If you had said you were 'cured' we all would have been lining up for that procedure. I also think about all the work you've done with the bracelets and the sci-walker and say that you are still a hero. Thanks again to you, Joy, and all of the others who share their experiences with their treatments. Mike
    Last edited by MikeC; 08-27-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003

Susan, what happened to all that pro-Lima testimony that you said on C-Span about a year or so ago? you claimed that you could walk with crutches around 400 feet or so...? that sounds like improvement, but only you know what is really going on. i ask this because i am in line for Dr. Lima's surgery.

Have you given up on working out or are you still busting your ass trying to get stronger? It sounds like to me that ppl. don't understand that these stem cells take awhile to re-generate and walking is not to be expected in the near future. any procedures take time. it sounds from these posts here that ppl. think that after ANY surgery, one would walk immediately. that's just not true. i don't think anyone is walking from any procedure....?

Just trying to find out how come, in more detail Susan, why you have changed your tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Fajt
    i was wrong and i appologize as i am in tears that people could be selling their homes or using all the money they have because i was to afraid to admit i failed myself and others. I am sorry and i will send this letter to Dr. Lima.
    Susan, like Schmeky said we are all humans. We make mistakes and learn as we go along. You are very courageous, and showed it when you went under the knife and when you wrote this. I applaud you for it. Please keep up your motivation and efforts. I pray and hope that cynicism never gets to you. As a fellow SCI, good luck and good wishes for our eventual release from this prison of paralysis.

I'm portuguese, and so far i never heard of anyone walking from the Lima procedure, if i had any news that anyone was actually improving, i would be there a long time ago.
    They have a phisiotherapy clinic setup in the north of the country where people go there, and as far as i was told, they sleep there and make intensive workouts, but once again i did not heard of anyone coming out walking.
    I heard on the news the other day, that Lima and some other people just made a company that will allow them to multiply the oeg cells outside the body and will be possible to boost the results by implanting more cells in the injury site.
    I still doubt there will be a major improvement from this.