Thread: Stress??

Stress??

I have a question regarding stress and how our body reacts to it. I have a lot going on in my life lately and it seems the more stressed I am the worse my body reacts. Example.. On tuesday I got in a fight w/ my ex and I cried most of the day and night to the point that I cried myself to sleep. I woke up on wednesday and I was sicker than a dog. I had spasms from the chest down, I was nauseated, I was tired and I could barely function. I was so bad I had to have my mother come over and cath me because I couldn't even sit up. I was then still stressed on night but nit as bad earlier. I woke up on thursday morning still having spasms and nausea. Could all of this come from the stress my body is receiving. Is this what my body does when it's stressed and is there anything I can do to help myself with the problem. I know the one key factor is to try and avoid stress but that's kind of impossible for me to do.
    Any help would be wonderful
    Niese

Your body absolutely respons to your stress level. All of the sysmptoms you describe could easily be from stress and it becomes a viscious cycle once it starts (you are stressed, your body responds causing you more stress). So its a matter of either not becoming stressed in the first place or when you do get stressed finding a way to get rid of it.

I know that sounds simplistic but your body will thank you.

JM

I respond to stress differently post injury. If I get bad news or something goes wrong, the fight/flight response seems to kick in. I can't think clearly and feel weak. It passes after an hour or so and I'm OK. Repeated shocks leave me wasted and prone to colds. I've just had to learn what my changed body is like and deal with it. Take care of yourself and try to figure out your limits, physically & emotionally.

Stress gives me bowel problems & a lot of pain

My bowels have also been screwed up for the last two-three days. I think that on top of all this that I might have another UTI. But it's hard to seperate the symptoms out.

Niese

Pain gives me a lot of stress.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Stress can play hovoc with your hormones as well. grrrr.

I am working with the Bassett program from the Midwest Center. I am only on lesson 3, but I can see it is helping. It has been beneficial to others on another forum I am on. Maybe you could start a new thread asking for strategies for coping with stress and get some ideas of what has worked for others.

Take care! (And avoid a lot of sugar, caffiene, etc.)