Thread: bowel question

Cool bowel question

My digestive tract has slowed down quite a bit and I would like to know if there any medications I could try that speed up the digestive tract or anything else I can try for this problem? I've also developed gastritus and taking fiber really messes with me. Bummer

slow bowel

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi5
    My digestive tract has slowed down quite a bit and I would like to know if there any medications I could try that speed up the digestive tract or anything else I can try for this problem? I've also developed gastritus and taking fiber really messes with me. Bummer

Before my Colostomy Sugery I found resonable success with Zelnorm, even though it was not really approved for this use, my doctor wrote a letter to the insurance company and they approived it. It worked. It seemed to me that it was better than without. Then he added Premedazone (spelling??? not right) anyway, it is a med used for women for female issues. Together it worked pretty well near the end. I had so much trouble i wound up getting surgery and things are still a little slow... much much easier and better. Unfortunalty, those are the things that worked for me. Thanks, Mike Bauer
    Mike (Florida)

Cant we get 1 do over?

Talking Jimi5,,I too had a slow bowel

After a painful impaction using the supp's,,my gastroenterologist put me on Zelnorm (it's for men too, see the newest commercials) and Glyco-lax...for a real (finally something works) softener...

I go almost normal now,,,my hemmrroids are gone and I can now get out of the house and not spend my life in the "loo" anymore.

I thank God everyday that I found him.

Queen
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

There are medications to increase your bowel transit time. These stimulate the whole bowel and usually aren't taken routinely. These are bisacodyl tablets. They are over the counter. Increasing your activity will improve your bowel transist time as well.

Jm