Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I RETURNED TWO WEEKS AGO FROM PROFESSOR A. Brukhovetsky CLINIC IN MOSCOW

I RETURNED TWO WEEKS AGO FROM PROFESSOR A. Brukhovetsky CLINIC IN MOSCOW

I returned two weeks ago from Moscow. I had the procedure of taking stem cells from nose and blood.
    If you have any questions just ask me.

Here are some photos.
    www.moto.home.pl/1.jpg
    www.moto.home.pl/2.jpg
    www.moto.home.pl/3.jpg
    www.moto.home.pl/4.jpg
    Best Regards Mike
    Last edited by oxygen; 08-17-2005 at 12:53 PM. Reason: PICTURES

Hello Mike,
    Thank you for posting. I have read about and tried to find out more about the Neurovita clinic in Moscow. I also understand that there are other members from CC heading over there next month.
    I appreciate you for your openness and that you write if anybody has questions just ask.

I guess I have a lot of questions, a bit difficult to say where to start. First I must say that I wish everything went fine and that you are Ok. I see that it is just two weeks since you returned from your procedure and suspect you haven’t had to much change since that. But if you have had some changes it could be interesting to know what those changes might be. It could also be interesting to know about the procedure itself. Do you have any technical information you can share? It would have been very much appreciated. I also want to ask you another question, is it possible you could post your experience for the stem cell treatment under the Tracing Treatment section here on CC; http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49917 that is up to you off course. And if not, and you want me to be more specific in my questions, please tell me so.

Thank you again for your willingness to share your information with other SCI people.
    Wish you good luck in your rehabilitation and hopes you are doing fine.
    Leif

PS. Believe the pic’s are from when the stem cells where collected from you blood stream.
    Last edited by Leif; 08-17-2005 at 09:04 AM.

Mike,

Welcome, but more important, best of success to you. I am confident the CC members would like to know more about you. Could you please provide:

Level of injury
    Years post
    ASIA classification

I would like to know what the procedure you had consists of, if there are any follow up treatments, and how they are administered. I feel you will be asked many questions, but as Leif indicated, we would really like you to participate in the Tracking Treatments thread for long term follow up on this forum.

Thank you and best of success.

Hi Mike (Czesc)
    I am going to Moscow in 2.5 weeks. I would appreciate any information you can share with me. Leif has already listed all important questions so I am not going to bother you with more. All the best (Powodzenia).

re

Please check my old posts, you will know all about me. I was few times in Novosybirsk...but small progress... Now many things has changed. I would like to discribe the whole visit in the clinic. First of all, when I came to the clinic, they made to me a lot of tests, urin, blood, xray, mri, ultrasonograph of viscera, ultrasonograph of my heart, EKG of my heart, ekg of my brain, oculist, EMG etc... They have got definately a really good tools, new machines. The SCI department is on the real high level, its not a joke. When I was in the clinic, there were Iranians, one guy from USA, some arabic, japanese, russians, germans and so on...After all analysis I was tought about two punctions.
    4 days before stem cells collecting they give two times per day ( morning - evening ) injections under skin. As far as I know its for intensify the production o f stem cells in blood. On the fifth day in the morning the cheaf of onkology department came to me with the COBE SPECTRA machine, its for stem cells collecting. They use it mostly for treating onkologycal patients. He is a supervisor. At the beggining they make two injections, it depands of your vines. I had one on left hand and the seccond on the right hand.
    The procedure is very simple, blood comes out from one hand, goes to the machine and return to other hand. The are some reactions inside, I dont know exactly what happend with the blood but the final effect is a stem cells coctail ( about 600 ml ), its enough to make 18 doses for the punctions in the future. The whole procedure takes about 2 hours, depands of blood preasure, weight, height, total blood volume.
    They take this coctail to their laboratories and do something with it.
    On the seccond day they make punction to the spinal cord with theese cells, the color of this slime is yellow. After punction I had to lie for all day. two hours on my chest and than on the sides or back. Five days later I had another punction. During my visit they took also the cells from my nose. Very painfully and bloody exertion. The cells grow about three months in the labolatory. After this time they can be injected to the spinal cord during operation. They make operation only if they patient cant see any progress. They cant make a punction because they dont migrate as the cells from blood. During the operation they remove ( depands of the injury ) scar or cyst and inject the cells in a special gel. As they told me, they can survive for a long time. The professor has got a movie about their results, I saw it. You can see how it all began, how they started, you can see the experiments on the rats, the patients results, the results under elektron microscope. Its amazing. I am going there again on the 24.10.2005 for another treatment.

Mike,

Thank you for the information. I have a few questions for you.

1. Your injury level
    2. ASIA calssification
    3. How long have you been injured
    4. What are the expected results; to gain hand function, to walk, etc.
    5. What is the cost
    6. You have had injections, but may need surgery to insert the nasal cells, correct?
    7. What results have others you have seen experienced
    8. Is this your first treatment

Mike,

You mean to tell me they didn't knock you out when they cut out the olfactory bulb(s)?????? How friggin barbaric!
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    Mike,

Thank you for the information. I have a few questions for you.

1. Your injury level
    2. ASIA calssification
    3. How long have you been injured
    4. What are the expected results; to gain hand function, to walk, etc.
    5. What is the cost
    6. You have had injections, but may need surgery to insert the nasal cells, correct?
    7. What results have others you have seen experienced
    8. Is this your first treatment

Ok, so here you got some facts:
    1. My injury level is T6-T8.
    2. ASIA B/C
    3. 4 years on the 18 of november.
    4. Depends of injury, time, age. Usually 99% of people has some progress.
    5. 23.000 $ + tickets. You will never pay again. I will pay by the next time only for accomodation.
    6. Depends of progress. The profesor said to me: " The best operation is that, whitch has never been doen".
    7. I meet a guy from Ural. He was C3. The doctors said he will not survive.
    When he came to the clinic he couldnt move his hands, haid itc. ASIA A.
    They took first the nose cells. They grown very fast so decided to make operation first. He felt the first results just after operation. 70 % of skin sense returned. Bladder sensation also. He started to move his hands, fingers.
    I meet also a guy from Greece. He has got also progress but not so spectacular. He was there seccond time. You may ask the people in administration deepartment about the patients and their results.
    8. This is my first treatment, I am going there again on the 24.X.2005.

After first punction nothing happend besides higher clonus. After seccond punction my legs become hot, like never before. I always had cold legs, but now they are normal and during sleapping they are hot. Enormous, but they said its a very good sign. I had also a huge spastic, a lot of clonus. Now its about 80% less. I will post some pictures as soon as possible.
    Just today during standing I was able to bend my knews and I saw in the mirror the move on my quadriceps femoris - first time. My pelves is also about 80 % stronger, trunk also.

Mike

Thanks for posting Mike.

Seams like your injury level etc. are close to mine. Its interesting reading you are posting here. But as a conclusion what you say’s is; you have become better after this treatment. You writes today you was standing and able to bend your knees, quadriceps first time, pelvis is stronger and also trunk (trunk stability I guess). I’m happy for you. Hopes this continues, and pleas update us with further details about your recovery as times elapses. I guess I will have more questions for you, but first I have to read everything again more carefully. Thanks again. Leif

Thanks

Thanks Mike,

I registered on this site in order to thank you. Your information was the best that I have seen on this forum. Everything was very clear and easy to understand. Guys, please do not ask Mike too many questions. He does what he can to answer our questions but he is not a spokesman for Neurovita Clinic. Please don’t overburden him, remember what happened to Andy K…

About progress, be patient everybody knows that it doesn’t happen over night.

Thanks again, good luck.