Thread: Manual chair in vehicle lock downs ?

Question Manual chair in vehicle lock downs ?

I'm in a quickie TI and I'm getting a Ford E350. I'm wondering what people are using for a chair lockdown. I've seen the EZ lock but I don't know if the bracket will fit my chair, and quite frankly I'd rather not at all the bulk to the frame.

I could really use some info on what others have for their manual chair.

Thanks,

Jay

I am quite sure that there is no a bracket that would work with the Quickie Ti's open frame design.

Here's the Ez-lock bracket chart for Quickie manual chairs.

http://www.ezlock.net/Quickiemanual.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_D
    I am quite sure that there is no a bracket that would work with the Quickie Ti's open frame design.

Here's the Ez-lock bracket chart for Quickie manual chairs.

http://www.ezlock.net/Quickiemanual.htm
    This is unfortunately true to my knowledge. You may need to use tie-down straps (Q-Straps). If you are going to be driving I wouldn't recomend doing so from your manual chair. I would reccomend getting a Braun Companion seat which can be mounted as driver seat. Works great and transfers are easy because of adjustable seat height. http://www.braunlift.com/consumer/Companion/index.htm

Smile ti-lite & easy lock

The van-place where we had the mods done to our Caravan had made a bracket for hubby's ti-lite. He got rid of it and uses just a tiedown that has buckle on one end and secures it with the seat-belt. That way you don't add another 15 lbs to your lite chair and don't get caught on the grass with the bracket hanging low off your chair.

Quote Originally Posted by krajaxa
    The van-place where we had the mods done to our Caravan had made a bracket for hubby's ti-lite. He got rid of it and uses just a tiedown that has buckle on one end and secures it with the seat-belt. That way you don't add another 15 lbs to your lite chair and don't get caught on the grass with the bracket hanging low off your chair.
    That sounds interesting! Could you explain a little more or post a pic? Thanks!!
    Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete
    20 yrs post sci

"falling is easy it's getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the problem" Staind
    "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.:" :-)
    - Burt Bacharach

I don't use the EZ Lock in my van. I have a Quickie Ti and roll up beside my B&D seat,lock the wheels,and transfer to seat, The EZ lock adds to much weight. I've rolled the old heavy chairs for too many yrs. I bought the Quickie Ti because it's light weight and love it.

My problem is that I am a C-5/6, so transferring into a seat is out of the question. I'd love to see some pictures of the buckle system that was mentioned.I've also heard that there is a system that grabs the front to bars and clamps them in, but I haven't actually been able to find the system anywhere. Any more thoughts?