I just bought a used Lifestand manual standing chair w/ emotion wheels and must give it two big thumbs up. As can be expected it is bulkier than your average lightweight chair and impractical to breakbown to put in a car; however, from an ease of use standpoint the chair far exceeds my expectations.

As a C6 with minimal triceps, I am still able to manually raise and lower myself to & from the standing position. Another plus is I do not need an annoying chest strap to hold myself in place. The two two thick armrests hook into place and give just enough room to move around, yet are just tight enough that I could not fall out from the standing position even if I tried.

I might even consider using the chair during some of my everyday life. The only detriment is the seat height. I would guess it's a good 2 inches higher than normal which may be a problem with some desks and tables. Oh yes, and I might add that the standing position accentuates the quad belly to a grotesque degree. But, hey, what's a boy to do!?

These chairs are commonly on Ebay from anywhere from $1,500-$3,000. I'd recommend anyone looking to get a standing frame to consider a standing chair as a better option. New standing chairs generally are not an option considering they cost around $8,000 to $16,000.

Well, that's my 2 cents for the day.