Thread: Doesn't anyone share my outrage???

Doesn't anyone share my outrage???

I recently posted about my participation in "SCI and Aging " through the
    Miami Project. It is a 3 year grant of $3.4 million dollar through the NIH. This study is such a waste and the planning of the study which places the individual in diifferent groups has no foresight. They mix together para and quad caregivers as if they face the challenges. How does one blow the whistle on this waste of funds ??In addition the clinician moderators have none or very little experience with SCI and just read from a manual or a script.

This money would be better spent on research.

Mike

mikek, I assume that you talked to the investigators? That would be the first step. Wise.

Typical Miami Project

What really bothers me about the Miami Project was they did not even take a stand against the Limited ESC Bill Bush passed in 2001, they kinda just rode with it and said, "oh well, maybe ESC Is not the answer anyhow, it must be Schwann Cells" sigh , then they came out with news that they had this remarkable treatment that had a 75% Cure rate in Rats, problem is, nobody ever could duplicate it and we never heard about it again, I wonder how much funding that announcement raised? No wonder people are sceptical of research, they reinforce sceptisism

Wise,
    Yes, I voiced my concerns and pointed out the problems and shortcomings, and the investagator said (confidentially ) that he has gotten a lot of negative feedback. It's just such a waste of good funding,especially the high tech speaker phone they installed that was never used and later took out at completion.They also paid us a total of $100.00 for participating.

Thanks all.

Mike