Thread: Unable to Chat

Unable to Chat

I'm still unable to 'chat' in the chatroom. I get in okay and can see who's there. I appear to be able to post and when I hit "enter", my post appears, but I don't see any other posts.

Also, I am unable to see who is in the chat room without going there, there' no bar at the top of the CC screen telling me whose in chat.

Help?
    BeeBee

I was just in the chat room and I believe this issue is resolved.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Bee, are you using Flashchat? If not, go to the menu bar and press Flashchat there to get into the chat room. You may be going to the wrong chat room. We have not yet de-installed the older version of vbchat. Wise.

Hi Bee Bee;

I have been using the Flash Chat with no problems for weeks. I think what is happening is you are arriving and though there are names listed, they have actually vacated the chat site. Unless, they exit by clicking the close "x" to the upper right, their names will appear for quite a length of time. Probably, no one was actually there, even if names appeared.

If you go to the home page for the Care Cure site, there will be a list of who is in the chat, though they may be there only in name.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

John, I think that is the answer. I hung out longer and ohters showed up. Thanks.
    BeeBee

Question

i cant chat......i click on flashchat on the homepage, a window opens and i see it telling me it's downloading....the chatroom appears, complete w/ chatters chatting.....they said "hi nancie".....but no place for me to type.

very weird.....i can see the chat, but not participate....there's nothing to click, no place to type
    help please

Quote Originally Posted by Nancie
    i cant chat......i click on flashchat on the homepage, a window opens and i see it telling me it's downloading....the chatroom appears, complete w/ chatters chatting.....they said "hi nancie".....but no place for me to type.

very weird.....i can see the chat, but not participate....there's nothing to click, no place to type
    help please
    Nancie, I think that it is your browser. Which one are you using. I know that the latest versions of Firebird and Mozilla both work. Also, old versions of Safari have difficulties but the latest version have no difficulties. However, tbird (lexi) noted yesterday that the private conversations part of the chat, for some reason, are not working. Wise.

I'm looking into the private message problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Nancie, I think that it is your browser. Which one are you using. I know that the latest versions of Firebird and Mozilla both work. Also, old versions of Safari have difficulties but the latest version have no difficulties. However, tbird (lexi) noted yesterday that the private conversations part of the chat, for some reason, are not working. Wise.
    i use IE, and the earthlink browser, which is IE based.
    the earthlink browser is actually better than the IE browser cuz at least w/ earthlink i get to see the chatroom.
    w/ IE alone, i get nuthin'.
    the chatroom software isn't compatible w/ IE??
    how can that be?

I cannot get into the flash chat { again ] someone help me :