Thread: How do you know if your depressed?

How do you know if your depressed?

i feel like crying all the time pca issues why do i always feel im the caretaker?
    family borrowing money never to return it, my boyfriend asking is it him as he has noticed my melancholy mood i just want to go to sleep and nbt wake up

Let me know when you figure it out. If you ever need a giggle though, it's kind of funny how we're supposed to cheer the AB's up. Not really funny haha, still kinda funny. At least I don't have pca issues. Hang tough, we wake up because there's no better alternative, eh?

Sci is weird. We're the ones injured but it seems like everybody else leans on us the most because we're the "strong" ones? Why, because we're facing daily life from a physical disadvantage?

Its bs. I don't get it and don't know if anyone else experiences it but it seems that many abs (work, personal, etc.) are more dramatically affected by our moods and demeanor than we are to theirs. Its as if they expect us to be depressed and want to wallow with them in self-pity. And then when we're not or don't they want to figure out or know why?

Maybe its because we're not ab'd and therefore less threatening in some way? They feel, because of our situations, that we can "understand" what they're going through better?

Like I said, I don't get it. Afraid, we've all been there. And if you figure it out please let us know.

Its kind of like you end up being a social worker for alot of the PCA's and the AB's. Its kinda sickening. We have our own bagful of problems and we are trying to get back in the saddle again, while they whine and weap about petty matters, a broken fingernail, an imperfect tan, a petty fight with a boyfriend.

Meanwhile I am dealing with a HUGE plateload of problems, just like the rest of you guys....but we all realize this is part of life and move on, or seek the help we need.

And yes, it does seem that people come flocking to us thinking we are the pied piper of social workers! They come with their problems and sorrows.

I feel bad for one of my PCA's who is really being a REAL champ. She his been going in for testing....she may either have a cist or a turmor in her brain, and unfortunately their appears to be more than one. She has SEVERE migrane headaches and yesterday she went in for an MRI in the closed tube type to get the real details, and it was tough for her as she is claustrophobic. She needs everyones' prayers and good thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird
    And yes, it does seem that people come flocking to us thinking we are the pied piper of social workers! They come with their problems and sorrows.
    I can so relate! When did I suddenly become some huge wealth of wisdom on everything under the sun? Surviving for 13 years as a quad does not a Goddess make. A Goddess in training maybe and getting B-'s at that. And don't lend freakin money to people you know will not pay you back. I have known that one since I was 10 and never had money for the ice cream truck if I gave it to my brother.

Is there something wrong with hiding out in bed for a few days occassionally? As long as I took a book and it was raining it was ok to do this as an AB. I don't know either.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Me too I can relate. I don't mind though. I like helping people, and sometimes you just have to sit there and listen to them, mirror their emotions back to them, give them a beer. They always know they can come to me and I know that when I'm stuck, they've been and will always be there for me. Help is always just a phone call away.