Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crip Clothes

Thumbs up Crip Clothes

Hola, well I read about this company Rolli-Moden in a few places so I looked into them and ended up ordering a pair of pants to try out and I really like them. A lot of you are probably already familiar with them but if you're not check them out at http://www.rolli-moden.com/ They design clothes specifically for us in chairs, so they work really good. They are lower in the front and higher in the back so you don't get it wadding-up or your butt-crack hanging out, and designed to be flat in the back to prevent pressure sores. The fly is also extra-long to make cathing easier and the legs are long to cover your ankles. They are really functional and don't look like lame hospital gimp clothes, so I'm already a fan.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Cant agree more! They are quite pricey but in my opinion, worth it - especially for jeans.
    _____oOo_____
    Phil C6
    "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

The best crip clothes ive found are made by my aunt..i by the material i want and she makes them any way i ask

The best place for jeans and pants for me is USA Wheelchair Jeans. They're designed for sitting, so you don't show crack when transfering. They also keep your name/measurements on file for future orders. Some say they're pricey at $47.95/pair.

www.usajeans.net

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    The best crip clothes ive found are made by my aunt..i by the material i want and she makes them any way i ask
    But will she make them anyway I ask?
    _____oOo_____
    Phil C6
    "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

I buy normal clothes, then get a friend to elastify the waste, put a velcro fastener on the button and a keyring on the zipper. Works great!

I haven't got an embroidery-whizz for an aunt, sadly.

I buy whatever trousers I want, then make a concealed velcro fastening. I do avoid low-waisted garments though, as they would go TOO low when sitting.

Jeans would be a problem to modify, but then I hate jeans anyway, so it's not a problem.

"Elastify" - is that a real word? If not, it should be; it's great!

Bought a pair of jeans from these people:

www.adaptationsbyadrian.com

They do a good job, velcro closure, cargo pockets,etc. Kinda pricey though.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I've worn out, pooped in, pissed on a zillion pair of pants in my time and they've all been regular pants purchased off the rack.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I sent them a picture of me riding a handcycle in Yosemite Valley with my first pair of "Rolli jeans" and they gave me a free pair for permission to use it in one of their catalogues. Since they do cost about $50-60 I considered it payment for my first "modelling" job! (Don't worry, sci and age 45 keeps me humble!
    I do like how the thinner women's jeans fit and feel. The thicker ones are too rough or something. They have a lot more men's items than women's. I have a whole laundry basket full of regular pants I thought might work and I plan on- when I have EXTRA time (HA!)- trying to adapt by trimming and "elasticizing" the waistband. I just took a whole box of my pre-accident pants,and shoes to the goodwill Trying to "move on".