Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Quads Only

Quads Only

Are you COMPLETELY independent? Even if you only need help 5 minutes a day, the answer is no. Please state level of injury, complete/incomplete, etc.

I am really looking for answers concerning self care, but most of you have figured that out
    Last edited by tegdirb; 08-09-2005 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Personal

No, I need help getting up and dressed, need things reached during the day, need help with BP and getting in bed. I could do it but prefer to save my energy for cooking (I do all the cooking), cleaning (I do kitchen, bathroom and laundry) and taking care of Violet. If I were to do it myself I'd be spending an hour on non-BP days, and 3 hours on BP days. With help on non-BP days I'm up in 5 minutes, my BP takes 2 hours.

Also, this way my husband to be is paid for 30 hours / week and can stay home in case of an emergency with Violet.

I'm 23 and 4! years post.
    Last edited by Emi2; 08-06-2005 at 07:06 PM. Reason: to put age, time post

No, I'm not independent in the morning, I'm C6 and sensory incomplete also I am 18 and 1 year and 5 months post injury

I require help to get onto my shower chair and bowel program, (also it is probly usefull if you give age and yrs. post injury).

Quote Originally Posted by joshrai
    No, I'm not independent in the morning, I'm C6 and sensory incomplete also I am 18 and 1 year and 5 months post injury

I require help to get onto my shower chair and bowel program, (also it is probly usefull if you give age and yrs. post injury).
    joshrai, true. I'm 26, almost four yrs. post. It's taken more than a day to learn the tricks of SCI. I'm definately still learning.

I have somebody around 3x a week to clean house and stick around for my BP. I could do it myself but insurance gives me money, so I use it.

inc c4/5 yes independant.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

C5-6 incomplete, 33 years post. Came thru rehab before Int. cath'ing was hip so am stuck with an external cath and leg bag...2 things I NEED help with so get more while that's being done.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

C3, need help for bath, BP, feeding, range of motion, occasional suctioning... a few other things.

Love the new avatar, Bridget.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

C6/7 complete. I am probably 95% independent. Only need help with heavy cleaning and floor to chair transfers.

20 years old, c5/c6 complete, 5 years post
    I need help with..
    transfers
    dressing
    Bp
    shower
    draining my leg bag
    Blah