Thread: best gel batteries?

best gel batteries?

anyone have any ideas which gel batteries are the best? any major differences or things to look for? i have the bigger group size. anyone ever see testing on this?

I use Interstate gel cell batteries, 3 of them at a time. They usually last a couple years.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Everywhere I researched about a year ago, it seemed that the MK brand was the most favored by all. My chair came with this brand and its 3+ yrs old and still going strong. At that time I thought I had batt issues but found out I wasn't charging them long enough. lol, I called my dealer to price new batts, he quoted $225 ea. Anyway, the best price I found was here. http://shop.altenergystore.com/items...atus=0&Tp=&Bc==
    DIGG.

My chair came with Deka gel 22nf batteries. They lasted about 3 1/2 years. I replaced them with Interstate; they lasted about 4 & 1/4, but had less range and I had to charge them every day instead of every other. I went back to Deka and charge them daily now, not because I have to, but I wondered if I had shortened their life before.
    Got a pretty good deal online at Remy batteries for $90 apiece. The order didn't go through on their web site, so I ordered by phone at 800-455-7400 (8-5 CST).
    Good luck.