Thread: A month?

A month?

Oh my god I am so frustrated, my powerchair is about to break down,and I called the dealer and he said, due to holidays etc., they couldn't get to it for ABOUT A MONTH! OMG! Not only am I going back to university in a month but I'm getting married in a month! I cannot function in my manual chair and they have no loaner. I wanted to use a demo but they won't let me. Guess I will be trying to fix it myself via my not very mechanically handy fiance so............
    Where do I start? Heres the problem - the rear castor, specifically the right one, on my Jazzy 1120 keeps getting stuck and dragging while I turn (usually when reversing and turning) it also sounds like its about to fall off or something. Thats just the first problem. My left motor makes a bad whirring/grinding kinda sound but it still runs. And the fluttering castor problem for which the dealer ordered a part that Mark Smith reccomended. And the battery doesn't last. Butmostly I need to fix the castor.
    I know my insurance is going to blame me too.
    Grrrrrrrrrr...help! Is there any diagrams or anthing we can look at to see if somethings broken?

If you're willing to pay out of pocket why not try another dealer? I'm sure there there is more then one choice in Edmonton.

Tried both the others before, this one is the lesser of 3 evils lol.

I'm very sorry to hear that. If your chair is still under warranty I wouldn't touch a thing. If you change anything then you'll get charged for all other repairs. Do you have a picture of problem castor I can look at?

Not under warranty. The guy who supplis my catheters and stuff called to see if I needed to reorder and I was asking if he knew someone who could fix it, turns out he sells and fixes chairs too, he'll look at it on Monday! Hes a para, so he understands a month is not acceptable.

Thats great to hear! I'd keep working with him for everything and not those other problem DME'S. Best of luck with school and your wedding!

Now my fiance was looking an tells me its a bent wheel (fork?) thingy that the caster attaches to. Guess it will be weeks for parts. Thank God my maid of honour has a car, I better perfect my car transfers.

Castor forks shouldn't take but 5 business days to arrive as long as they are in stock.