Thread: Expert Dr. or Nurse Help/Advice needed for constant UTI's!

Exclamation Expert Dr. or Nurse Help/Advice needed for constant UTI's!

hi,

I am a c5/6 14yrs post.
    during the last 6 months or so, I cant go more than 3 weeks without getting a UTI. I dont understand cuz I have been cathing the same way for a long time with no problems up until 6 months ago? I had a cystoscopy 1 year ago in my doctor's office with no local anesthetic, and an IVP in the hospital.

About a month ago my doctor tried to do another cystoscopy in his office with no local anesthetic and I had dysreflexia pretty bad. He wasn't able to look in my bladder, cuz he said there was some narrowing and scar tissue near the bladder. Now he wants to put me under to do the procedure. I didn't think it was necessary cuz it was done just 1 year ago and there's no problem getting the catheter in... What should I do? Could the narrowing and scar tissue be part of the recent problems I'm having?

Any help, guidance, or opinions are appreciated!

btw--I'm on the Oxytrol patch and I dont know if its working or not!

I think the cysto might be a good idea. Maybe you have bladder stones which would be a cause of repeated infection. Do the doctors do cultures to identify the organism? That would be helpful information. Is it always the same bug? What do you consider a bladder infection. If you're being treated for smelly urine, it's overkill. You really should wait until you develop some symptoms like fever, nausea, feeling flu-ey or increased spasticity.

RAB

maybe your not totally getting rid of the infection
    my healthy bladder cocktail=
    2000mg vit c
    2000mg cranberry pills
    2000mg garlic pills

this keeps your urine very acidic, this stops bacteria.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 08-04-2005 at 12:42 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Unhappy

This really sucks, huh? We seem to be in the same boat. Hope you feel better soon and everyone w/this problem finds a resolution immediately. -A.