Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with marriage proposal ideas!

I missed this thread from before! Beautiful ring .. and a beautiful couple .. congrats!

(I always dreamed of the airplane towing the sign thing lol .. and like you non-traditional, sapphires for my wedding ring!) Not that anyone's asking .. or will ask ..

Congrats Justin and Mary!!

Beautiful ring and sounds like the PERFECT place for a proposal!! Keep us posted on the wedding details!!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Jay this is your moment to be "original"

I bet your GF would appreciate it more. Anyway good luck to yah!
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

I missed it too, but I'm glad I've seen it. I love how you designed the ring just for her. It's beautiful, yall are beautiful too. I hope you'll tell us many happy stories. Best of luck!

http://www.maryandjustin.com/faq.htm

I have to post the FAQ's from this couple's wedding website. Never seen this done before, it's cool, funny and all-around excellent.

Hope it's okay for me to share your stuff, guys.

Here are the answers to some common questions in order to keep the well-informed prior to the wedding.

Q: Is Mary going to take Justin's last name?
    A: Yes, but only to avoid the dreaded hyphenated name. She will not be adopting Sopchak as a new middle name either. She is considering getting car license plates that read "SOPCHAK".

Q: What exactly is "black-tie optional"?
    A: A black suit is great for men; a tux is completely optional. A dark or neutral colored tie is fine. Women who opt to wear a dress should lean toward the fancy side, but a formal, floor skimming dress is not necessary; a little black cocktail dress or pantsuit is perfect.

Q: Do I have to wear black or white?
    A: If you already have it in your wardrobe, then we would greatly appreciate it. If you don’t have black or white, please try for a color that is close; like dark blue, cream, dark brown, etc. Outfits that are mostly black or white are fine too, but please stay away from bright floral prints.

Q: Why aren't all family members invited to the wedding?
    A: Our budget didn't allow for us to invite all of our families (+100!) so we have opted instead to invite them each to visit us for a weekend. That way, we will be able to spend quality time with them.

Q: Will Rocky be at the wedding?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will Rocky be the ring bearer?
    A: No.

Q: Will Rocky be in a tux?
    A: Currently under debate. Please vote now!

Q: Where are you going on your honeymoon?
    A: We're going on a road trip through Napa Valley with our Best Man, Scott Miller and Maid of Honor, Kindra Menegay (they're engaged - how convenient)!

Q: Can we drink during your ceremony?
    A: Sure!

Q: When are you going to have kids?
    A: Never. Rocky is enough for us. Well, we ARE considering a second dog...

Q: Why isn't Mary wearing a white wedding dress?
    A: Mary likes red. Her wedding ring has a ruby in it, and the dress will match. Also, she would like to wear the dress again and a formal white dress is hard to pull off unless you're the bride.
    Little known fact:
    White became a tradition only with Queen Victoria, before then many brides wore a variety of colors. A red dress is considered good luck in Chinese culture, for example.

Q: Why are you having a bagpiper when you're not even Irish/Scottish?
    A: Bagpipers are cool.

Best Wishes

Best wishes. Sometimes it's a leap of faith.

Better to have leaped and risk failure than to have never leaped at all.

I wish you two all the best.

A few words of advise......she is your WIFE first and foremost, NOT your caregiver. You must have other help to do routine care for you. I guarantee your marriage will fail if she is your primary caregiver.
    Last edited by michaelricky; 08-10-2006 at 11:16 AM.

Very cool how you incorporated your service dog in your proposal!
    Best Wishes to both of you!

p.s. I'm having trouble viewing your website

Best Wishes!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

You guys are such a kewl couple! Best wishes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    I missed this thread from before! Beautiful ring .. and a beautiful couple .. congrats!

(I always dreamed of the airplane towing the sign thing lol .. and like you non-traditional, sapphires for my wedding ring!) Not that anyone's asking .. or will ask ..
    I like aquamarines in white gold, but got a microscopic zirconium purchased by my future mother in law. I held back tears. My husband has since then been showering me with aquamarines.
    Have you seen how they shine under the sun?

THIS THREAD IS VERY ROMANTIC! Congrats
    Last edited by Cripply; 08-11-2006 at 01:09 AM.