Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exciting Opportunity!

Exciting Opportunity!

Hi All,

I am stepping down as a moderator at CareCure because of a recent decision.

I don't want my position as moderator to show bias towards Dr. Huang's procedure over others.

I don't know if there's a Chinese saying for it, but after being there in China, I fell in love with the people and the culture. I saw also the opportunity to make a positive impact in a quicker way than I can here. I just feel drawn there. I am going to continue to push as hard as I can here in the states. There's been a lot of prayer and a lot of planning, oh the planning, Geez...planning not my best attribute but understand it's long term effectiveness. Working with Voc Rehab and putting together a PASS plan. whew

I'm even learning Chinese. tuff one there.

Before I even went to China in 04 for my surgery I saw a need or ways to make things easier and more understandable for those considering Dr. Huang's fetal OEG transplant surgery in Beijing and their families. As soon as I got there I was pestering Dr. Huang about ways to improve things. Before I left and until recently I've approached Dr. Huang to hire me as liaison for patients and to do anything else that needed to be done.

Dr. Huang and I talked about many ways to make this happen but failed to
    come to an agreement.

Recently he gave the green light to my idea of a Support Services Agency for those going to China for surgery and their family. I will be charging a fee per client/patient separate from Dr. Huang's. Dr. Huang still has his web site.

Why go with me?

Here is my temp web site, please check it out and feel free to be brutally honest about feedback.

http://www.iw.net/~lhallan/china/index.htm

I truly would like to do this for free but cannot. As I move forward and learn more if possible I will lower this fee.

However there is just too much unknown right now.

Hell this may just flop but we'll see.

Some of you have known of my plan and I deeply appreciate the honest
    support.

Of course my responsibility to my clients comes first. However know for sure I will also doing my best to be another set ears, eyes and voice of the needs of SCI population in China.

I plan to go there sometime in Sept/Oct. for a month to finalize and set things up.

I plan to split half my year in China and here but the timetables have not been determined yet.

I intend as best I can keep up my commitments I've made to the committees and councils I serve on.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and could use your prayers.

Thanks, Leo
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Wow, how cool! It sounds good to me. I send you my best wishes.

leo , all the best to you !
    cauda equina

Your avatar was clearly a sign of your destiny Leo ...... I wish for you a gentle light of strength and protection surround you every where you go! I think what your doing is wonderful. I've often wondered how someone copes with the miriad of unknowns taking the step to try a treatment such as Dr.Huang's ... so scary .. and now you have found a way to make it alittle easier for those making the attempt. I just think its awesome ....... good good luck!!!!!!!!

Obieone

I've always been proud to know you, now I'm prouder. Can I quote Shaun here?
    "Balls first, buddy." Sorry if I'm crude but I can't think of another expression for it.

It seems like quite a leap from Yankton, South Dakota to Beijing. The Chinese are borrowing the cream of the crop. Godspeed.

Good Luck Leo

If I can help give me a shout. I leave for Beijing 08/13/2005. You can contact Mich Rehap Inst for my information.
    Jeff Clark
    J Clark

Exciting endeavor, wishing you the very best with it.

"Life without daring adventure is not living."
    Helen Keller

Hi Gang, Thanks for the encouragement.

Hey Jeff, you sure could give me a hand, drop me a note if you have time. lhallan@iw.net
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

website

Good luck w/your endeavor!

My 2 cents on your site:

Remember your in another country so if things go wrong you more than likely have no legal recourse.

It's: You're or you are

It's a little too science looking. If you want someone to use you first I think you'll need to add some *pow* to the sight on why your customer should use you.

Leo, you are great. I guess that I will see you in China soon and hope to continue to see just as much of you on CareCure. I want to thank you personally for your heart and wisdom with which you served as moderator of the carecure forums. Hug. Wise.