Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be on ESPN...Hopefully

I'm going to be on ESPN...Hopefully

I just got e-mail confirming that ESPN is going to come up to our bike riding challenge this weekend. The event is on Saturday, but they are coming up Friday to do interviews with several of us that are going to be participating. They want before pictures of us before our accidents and since mine happened when I was 16 the majority of them are all real dorky. I have a friend who works for ESPN, but I've not been able to get in touch with him yet to see if he will be helping with the interviews. There's also another guy that lives about 30 minutes from us that my mom knows that works for them. I'm not sure when it will air or which ESPN channel it will be on, when I find out I'll let everyone know. Getting computer usage up at Snowshoe West Virginia as a little difficult since our ISP does not have a dial out number in the area. I'm sure the president of the sports organization that I work with will let me get use his.
    I am so excited what good publicity
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Thumbs up

Aly, This is really great news!! PLease, as soon as you find out any further info, let us know. It would be cool to see if this happens. Good luck with the bike race...John

Talking Aly

Yep, do keep us briefed....times, dates....etc.

That is just super....
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Quote Originally Posted by queen
    Yep, do keep us briefed....times, dates....etc.
    Yes,deffinately! How cool is this for you eh! Good luck...

Very cool Aly! If I wasn't going to a wedding next Sat. I'd make a day trip out of it & give you all some support.

Because of some timing issues my interview with ESPN didn't happen. But Dave's (the president of the challenged athletes program) and Brandi's went well. I was a little upset because it would have been nice to show there are sports out there that quads can do besides rugby. But at any rate the event went well and it is still really good publicity for the CAWV program. So far we raised $15,000, which is our biggest fund raiser to date. They started to break ground for the new building which is supposed to be finished by Nov. If it's not we are screwed because it gets cold quick up at Snowshoe. ESPN is going to film live from Snowshoe for the NORBA downhill bike race, crazy stuff even if you watch just for that. Our segment will air with that coverage on Aug 18 at 6pm.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Our Greenbrair Challenge segment airs tonight a 6pm on ESPN. If you get a chance please watch. I think it will be great even though I wont be in it. Ther are also pictures of the event on our web page www.cawvsports.org. I'm the one with the peach tank top in the chair.
    www.cawvsports.org

Is this going to be on "Sportscenter" on ESPN or "ESPN Hollywood" on ESPN 2?

It was on regular ESPN. I thought they did a pretty good job.
    www.cawvsports.org

Thats bunk, I missed it, I'm on the west coast and still at work. do you think they'll re-air it.