Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I got my Magnum

Congrats Conan.

Drive her until the wheels fall off.

Schmeky - nice color, same as my Tundra.
    Last edited by Chris Chappell; 08-03-2005 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMearig
    where does a 21 year old come up with $30K?
    Im the coke king of Amelia, VA. It was insurance settlement money.

Well I got the hand controls in today. I love that car. That thing is quick and drives oh so smooth. The place I took it to get done said that they dont make a handcontrol that fits the Magnum. They said they had to to some modifying on the hand controls to get it to work. It cost me $885. But Dodge pays up to $1000 for handicap modifications so whether I over paid or not its not skin off my sack.

Hell yeah dude! Those new dodge's are viscious.

melikeconan,

Sounds like you got a handicap dealer with some poopie in their shorts. I have Sure-Grip hand controls on my Magnum and they are much better than the Monarchs or the MPD's I've had in the past. No special mods to install.

Yea, how bout' that Hemi Magnum ?? Bitchin' ride ain't it ? Don't know about your area, but people still point at mine, gawk, thumbs up, talk to me in parking lots, mustangs want to race, etc., etc.

You need to join our website I gave you a link to. Tons of good info. I am checking into an SRT-8 Magnum (425 HP), but I doubt I'll get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    melikeconan,

Sounds like you got a handicap dealer with some poopie in their shorts. I have Sure-Grip hand controls on my Magnum and they are much better than the Monarchs or the MPD's I've had in the past. No special mods to install.

Yea, how bout' that Hemi Magnum ?? Bitchin' ride ain't it ? Don't know about your area, but people still point at mine, gawk, thumbs up, talk to me in parking lots, mustangs want to race, etc., etc.

You need to join our website I gave you a link to. Tons of good info. I am checking into an SRT-8 Magnum (425 HP), but I doubt I'll get one.
    Yeah thats what they told me anyway about the hand controls. It doesnt matter though cause whats on there seems to be working pretty good. They used MPD hand controls. Man I am in love with this car. It makes the hassle of getting the chair in and out of the car worth it. I havent had anybody come up and say anything about it yet except my friends but I have only been driving it for a few days. I joined the LX Forum under the same name I use here. I havent donated any money to the site yet but it is probably something I will end up doing.

melikeconan,

These cars (LX platform) have generated more emotion than any car in a long, long time. People invariably love these cars. I have enjoyed mine immensely and now have nearly 34,000 miles on my RT. They are tight, solid, quiet, drive well, and can really scoot. Welcome aboard!!

great, glad its working out so well for you
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    melikeconan,

These cars (LX platform) have generated more emotion than any car in a long, long time. People invariably love these cars. I have enjoyed mine immensely and now have nearly 34,000 miles on my RT. They are tight, solid, quiet, drive well, and can really scoot. Welcome aboard!!
    Schmeky, have you done anything to your car yet or are you keeping it stock?

melikeconan,

I am leaving mine 100% original. I have modified nearly everything I have ever purchased, but this one I'm leaving as is.

Handcontrols are it for my RT.